Page 210 of 355 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Reinstall the old boards on the sidelines for the stats. Then they can advertise away.
    Out of habit I kept looking up there.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Out of habit I kept looking up there.
    I did this too, it was hard for me to see on the new boards.

I also noticed there is plenty of room to raise those boards so why don't they do that?? It boggles my mind that something so simple never gets done when it could improve things like back of boards appearing in camera angles...
    This reminds me of the scoreboard that hung too low in the old BSA, which had plenty of room to raise as well...I hope they figured this out for the SHAC.

Overall, the new boards were great and add a new element to the fan experience. However, I found the ribbon boards above the tunnels distracting when they had ads with all white background. The white background was way too bright and distracting while trying to watch the game.

The new boards were fantastic, I do hope they can figure out a better way to utilize the space that they have. The corner boards I think could put up more stats instead of just static advertising.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The new boards were fantastic, I do hope they can figure out a better way to utilize the space that they have. The corner boards I think could put up more stats instead of just static advertising.
    I don't even remember seeing a ton of advertising on the corner video boards. I just didn't like the layout of stats. You had the down and distance on the main board which was surprisingly hard to read and some stats like total offense on the main board shrinking the video size. And random stats on the corners like time outs. Why not put the total offense on the corners? Odd and confusing layout. And use a traditional font and color that's easy on the eyes

But overall it was awesome. Just needs some tweaking

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't even remember seeing a ton of advertising on the corner video boards. I just didn't like the layout of stats. You had the down and distance on the main board which was surprisingly hard to read and some stats like total offense on the main board shrinking the video size. And random stats on the corners like time outs. Why not put the total offense on the corners? Odd and confusing layout. And use a traditional font and color that's easy on the eyes

But overall it was awesome. Just needs some tweaking

Corner was pretty much all advertising space. Occasionally they would put a full graphic on it pertaining to the game or the main board. They did have the clock, down, yards to go, ball on, and quarter. Also showed how many timeouts and the score too.

The ribbons above the field entrances need to have dark background the white ones really were distracting to me.

I don't think fargodome is going to get rid of ads so you're going to always have ads. Have to pay off that $7 million bill somehow.

I find it pretty funny the nitpicking about these boards. Do you realize we have a video board set up better them most of all of college football, including FBS?!! The 1 thing that some people dont like, frickin deal with it. Good greif. Remember what is was like last year?
    Last edited by Bison03; 08-29-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I find it pretty funny the nitpicking about these boards. Do you realize we have a video boars set up better them most of all of college football, including FBS?!! The 1 thing that some people dont like, frickin deal with it. Good greif. Remember what is was like last year?
    We may have the best boards but the layout isn't the best. I'm surprised some people are so opposed to simple improvments and constructive criticism. That is how we built this program. Always improving.

Although I will say I loved the Bison win graphic at the end of the game!

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I find it pretty funny the nitpicking about these boards. Do you realize we have a video boars set up better them most of all of college football, including FBS?!! The 1 thing that some people dont like, frickin deal with it. Good greif. Remember what is was like last year?
    Welcome to Bisonville. Stick around a while

Boards were great from my north end zone view. Very much appreciated the screen on the back of the giant board - most of the time I still looked at the south board, but those were a nice touch for anyone half way up or higher. Only criticism would be find a way to get down/distance bigger on the corner board. The advertising in the middle of the corner boards could be a little smaller to make that happen.

Overall, I'm sure they learned a few things and there will be some changes throughout the season to maximize each and every board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Welcome to Bisonville. Stick around a while

Boards were great from my north end zone view. Very much appreciated the screen on the back of the giant board - most of the time I still looked at the south board, but those were a nice touch for anyone half way up or higher. Only criticism would be find a way to get down/distance bigger on the corner board. The advertising in the middle of the corner boards could be a little smaller to make that happen.

Overall, I'm sure they learned a few things and there will be some changes throughout the season to maximize each and every board.
    Down and distance were on the corner boards. They were on a little gray bar.