Page 236 of 355 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah I agree. Fargo needs a big ass tourist like water park and it would make a killing.
    yea it'll REALLY bring in money from October thru April *DERP!*
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I third it! Put it between Fargo and West Fargo because it'd be the perfect type of project for Fargo and West Fargo to cooperate on (of course, I think Fargo and West Fargo are screwing themselves by not merging so there's that.)
    I'm indifferent to the water park thing but if that's the catalyst for merging the city governments I vote 'yea'.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

It would be a cold day in hell before you would get the citizens of West Fargo to vote to merge their government with Fargo's. They may cooperate on things like water and sewer and such but would never give up their control of West Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    It would be a cold day in hell before you would get the citizens of West Fargo to vote to merge their government with Fargo's. They may cooperate on things like water and sewer and such but would never give up their control of West Fargo.
    I wonder if Bismarck could do it for them, and everyone really? Maryland, for instance has, no city governments. The county is the unit of local government, with the singular exception of Baltimore City.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

City of Fargo controls owns the Fairgrounds. Not that I disagree....just saying.

I can see why they wouldn't want to since they get the benefits of being able to have so many people work in Fargo without having to pay much of the cost of maintaining the infrastructure... long term that isn't good for anybody though.

But I'm guessing that isn't your reason So why not merge with Fargo? Seems like it would make sense to have one police department, fire department, court system, etc for what is clearly a single population area.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I can see why they wouldn't want to since they get the benefits of being able to have so many people work in Fargo without having to pay much of the cost of maintaining the infrastructure... long term that isn't good for anybody though.

But I'm guessing that isn't your reason So why not merge with Fargo? Seems like it would make sense to have one police department, fire department, court system, etc for what is clearly a single population area.
    already sharing water and sewer, WF has mostly Volunteer Fireman I believe still.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When we head down to Sioux falls in July to visit relatives we are going to hit their water park there.

http://wildwaterwest.com/attractions/
    How Fargo doesn't have anything remotely close to this is beyond me.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Fargo hates fun

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    It can't get past the Fargo Tailgating Committee. BMG!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]