Page 294 of 355 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

I know it was a computer glitch. Road generally knows what he is talking about, so I was trying to find a way to fit the two together. If he was right, maybe it was voltage irregularities that caused the computer glitch. It would explain why only the computer controlled lights were affected. Now if road's info was incorrect, none of this matters and it was just a hardware or software fault in the computer system. In the computer controlled lighting system we had installed in my school's auditorium, it felt like the problems were 50/50 computer vs. power system. Thing was, the power system problems would initially look like computer problems. You'd think the computer wasn't sending a command to the lights, but it was actually a power surge that messed up the settings of a power relay down the line. PITFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I know it was a computer glitch. Road generally knows what he is talking about, so I was trying to find a way to fit the two together. If he was right, maybe it was voltage irregularities that caused the computer glitch. It would explain why only the computer controlled lights were affected. Now if road's info was incorrect, none of this matters and it was just a hardware or software fault in the computer system. In the computer controlled lighting system we had installed in my school's auditorium, it felt like the problems were 50/50 computer vs. power system. Thing was, the power system problems would initially look like computer problems. You'd think the computer wasn't sending a command to the lights, but it was actually a power surge that messed up the settings of a power relay down the line. PITFA
    One thing to remember too is that with a setup as large as the dome there are multiple services coming from the provider. Not everything in the dome runs on one service line from Xcel. So is it possible that the service that powers those lights had a voltage issue that caused the computers to turn them off sort of like a safety feature?

FYI - I'm just talking out of my ass ...

We had a power surge or outage at our office on Saturday a bit before 2, was just long enough to flicker lights and shut my computer off while in the middle of super important work (reading Bisonville).

I entered thru a different gate today, it was early no line.
    When I got to the express lane I put my cellphone and keys on the slide. she said that all you have in your pockets, I said no that is what your sign says to remove.
    She said your sun glasses have to go, your hat has to go, you have to EMPTY your pockets.

Almost asked her if she was an intern trying to make a name for herself...geez..

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I entered thru a different gate today, it was early no line.
    When I got to the express lane I put my cellphone and keys on the slide. she said that all you have in your pockets, I said no that is what your sign says to remove.
    She said your sun glasses have to go, your hat has to go, you have to EMPTY your pockets.

Almost asked her if she was an intern trying to make a name for herself...geez..
    I've had the same experience.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I've had the same experience.
    I just walked through the metal detector with everything in my pockets. Buzzer beeped and an 80 year old lady just waved me on through. I felt safe.

Lardsin must go!

I got waved through a door without a detector and they didn't even pat me down, lol...

Also, the Dome needs WiFi...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I got waved through a door without a detector and they didn't even pat me down, lol.
    Same, although I was asked if I had anything they should be concerned about.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After going through the scanner I had to search out someone to scan my ticket (which I left in my pocket as I entered)... there was no one scanning at my line, I coulda just walked in without a ticket.
    Go Bison.

South side always allowed fans to enter. Not Saturday. They stopped our line and said. STUDENTS ONLY use east side.

That's a bunch of B.S. !! Delayed our entry 20 min.

Security was a joke. Saw multiple people walk right thru.

Either HAVE and USE metal detectors or don't. Geez
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?