Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long would it take to install the veer?

Default Re: How long would it take to install the veer?

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Craig would never bring in Rocky.
    Wasn't Rocky a defensive guy anyways? Not saying he didn't understand the veer,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    id prefer the spread

Quote Originally Posted by BurroBlue View Post
    I've said it 100 billion times...there's nothing wrong with an elite team running the veer from under center. For some reason, everyone seems to think you have to get in the gun for it to be effective in "today's" game...what a load of crap. How many pure veer teams has NDSU played since making the transition? None? It would be brand new to the league, tough as hell to defend, and would give the Bison an identity again (ironically, the same one they used to have).

Yes you would have to recruit some new kids in, but you'll have to do that with any new OC walking in the door. FWIW, I think Perez would be just fine as an under center veer quarterback. It would be a great way to get the ball in Sigers hands in open field; smaller, quicker linemen would work well, and I'll bet a young fullback like Grothmann would catch on pretty quickly....but I'm biased.

I actually agree. In the playoffs, (playoffs?) you will have a hell of a time preparing for the veer. It's crazy shit and hard to simulate in practice.

It's easier to recruit veer type QB's too. I'd like to see a hybrid veer/spread offense. Classic yet modern. The West Coast is just too darn complicated and it's hard to find QB's that fit the system.

Could it possibly be more ineffective that what we're doing? It's certainly not any less exiting.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I actually agree. In the playoffs, (playoffs?) you will have a hell of a time preparing for the veer. It's crazy shit and hard to simulate in practice.

It's easier to recruit veer type QB's too. I'd like to see a hybrid veer/spread offense. Classic yet modern. The West Coast is just too darn complicated and it's hard to find QB's that fit the system.

Could it possibly be more ineffective that what we're doing? It's certainly not any less exiting.
    I know TAB seems to be losing his love for the veer, but the further we get away from it, the more I want it back. I know it is tough to ever come back in a game when running the veer and there is significant fumbling risk, but I think that outweighed by the positives if you have the right QB to run it.

the 50's called. they want their veer offense back

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The part of the veer that I liked the most wasn't so much the run, run, run, run, although that was good too. I liked how we'd run it 32 times in a row, then when everything looks the same and they are sweeping around the corner, the TE comes off his block, catches the short dump pass and runs - every frickin' time, mind you - to payday.

How many games was Simmy 4 for 4 with 150 yards passing? Didn't that veer offense have 4 or 5 passing TD's in Florence?

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    The part of the veer that I liked the most wasn't so much the run, run, run, run, although that was good too. I liked how we'd run it 32 times in a row, then when everything looks the same and they are sweeping around the corner, the TE comes off his block, catches the short dump pass and runs - every frickin' time, mind you - to payday.

How many games was Simmy 4 for 4 with 150 yards passing? Didn't that veer offense have 4 or 5 passing TD's in Florence?
    The throw to the "blocking" wide receivers was also very effective. That said, and not to bust the veer's bubble, but a 3-4 defense if very effective against the veer--why do you think the Who borrowed it from us, and why do you think we went to it in 85 (think USD). Also, the 3-4 has been very effective against our current offensive scheme, whatever that is. I personaly feel we should go with the "read" or "speed" option, at least part of the time, and I am betting we see some of it next year, even if Vigen is still around.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    the 50's called. they want their veer offense back

Like, it was the 60's, man.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I know TAB seems to be losing his love for the veer, but the further we get away from it, the more I want it back. I know it is tough to ever come back in a game when running the veer and there is significant fumbling risk, but I think that outweighed by the positives if you have the right QB to run it.
    That could not be further from the truth. TAB loves the veer...but any offense can and will work if properly executed...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]