Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UND Cowboys?????

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default UND Cowboys?????

I should probably put this in the smack thread because that's where it will likely end up, but here goes. Am I the only one who's noticed our friends to the north seem to be a little confused about who they really are? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they still go by Fighting Sioux, right? OK, so if that's still the case, can someone explain to me why they have a guy in a cowboy hat lead them out on the field? (see upper right hand corner in link: http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2010/11/18/jacks-preview/) Where in the hell did the damn cowboy come from? Seriously, I don't get it.

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UND Cowboys?????

Looks like Brad Childress with his new team.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    I should probably put this in the smack thread because that's where it will likely end up, but here goes. Am I the only one who's noticed our friends to the north seem to be a little confused about who they really are? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they still go by Fighting Sioux, right? OK, so if that's still the case, can someone explain to me why they have a guy in a cowboy hat lead them out on the field? (see upper right hand corner in link: http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2010/11/18/jacks-preview/) Where in the hell did the damn cowboy come from? Seriously, I don't get it.
    The "cowboy" who leads the team on to the field is the parent of a former Sioux football player...I forget which one. I believe he is from South Dakota and drives up for the football games as well as some basketball games. During one of his son's games he made a lap around the football field holding and waving a Sioux flag. He became a bit of a fan favorite since he sprinted around the field in his cowboy boots. He continues to come and do his thing even though his kid is no longer at UND. He has become about as close to a mascot as we have I guess. I believe he has been doing this for around 10 years or so...

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

UND Brokebacks?

Hambone is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dmksioux View Post
    The "cowboy" who leads the team on to the field is the parent of a former Sioux football player...I forget which one. I believe he is from South Dakota and drives up for the football games as well as some basketball games. During one of his son's games he made a lap around the football field holding and waving a Sioux flag. He became a bit of a fan favorite since he sprinted around the field in his cowboy boots. He continues to come and do his thing even though his kid is no longer at UND. He has become about as close to a mascot as we have I guess. I believe he has been doing this for around 10 years or so...
    This. I believe he was the parent of a player (I wanna say an OL) that played while I was there from 98-02, so he's been doing it at least 10 years.
    University of North Dakota *THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

my guess was he was from south dakota, that state is full of crazee mofos
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    This. I believe he was the parent of a player (I wanna say an OL) that played while I was there from 98-02, so he's been doing it at least 10 years.
    GASF = ZERO (see sig line)!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    GASF = ZERO (see sig line)!
    It appears as though you cared enough to take the time to read through the thread and post something. Must mean your GASF is at least at 1

Trim is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks for clearing all of this up. I always see that guy on the sports highlights and figured he was either A) "Special" or B) Hank Williams Jr. Now I know!
    "I'll whoop your ass boy!" -Ron Hunter

Now, let's discuss all the things wrong here...
    On you Bison! Fight you Bison! Stampede and win this game!