Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fargo dome turf

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: fargo dome turf

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And about 5-8 thousand maniquins with yellow/green shirts so the place at least looks full all the time--SD, I think we may be on to somthin here!!
    I actually couldn't believe all the SDSU students who infiltrated our student section last Saturday! Did anyone else notice all that blue, especially near the top and in the endzone??
    Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Aren't they kind of limited as to what they can switch to because of the change over fact...its not like they can use a field turf like the metrodome uses...or can they?
    UNI has Mondoturf and the UNIDome is used for just as much stuff other than football as the FargoDome.

Our turf gets rolled up and put until the overhang area under the stands

This picture is from a high school championship game in 2009, and you can see the area I'm talking about. It gets rolled up in segments and sits nicely under there

If we had to take it somewhere outside the dome, for some reason, we could do that as well while it is in it's rolled form.

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    UNI has Mondoturf and the UNIDome is used for just as much stuff other than football as the FargoDome.

This picture is from a high school championship game in 2009, and you can see the area I'm talking about. It gets rolled up in segments and sits nicely under there

If we had to take it somewhere outside the dome, for some reason, we could do that as well while it is in it's rolled form.
    Those highschoolers look bigger and faster than your UNI team, and they know how to run motion! Seriously tho, NDSU could easily go with some like that or similar thereto.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post

Clenz, how does it work with the rubber fill that goes into the turf when they roll it up? Do they have to reapply it every time or does the Mondoturf not require fill? If the turf can be rolled up, I don't think storage is an issue in the Fargodome, I seem to recall they have a huge pit they store it in now.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I see the Alerus is going to replace their surface next year. It will be interesting what they install. The Dome should be able to learn from their mistakes.
    They do everything correct. If you don't beleive me, just ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    They do everything correct. If you don't beleive me, just ask them.
    I believe they have the "magic carpet" system like we do. So it will be nice to see what they purchase so we can see if it works or we need to purchase another product.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here's an idea, why doesn't the Fargodome look at every other frickin' domed stadium in the country and see what they've done, no need to wait around for the asshats at the tin shed. Have a little pride in your building Fargodome and get off the damn pot.

Oh yeah, and fix the lights while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Here's an idea, why doesn't the Fargodome look at every other frickin' domed stadium in the country and see what they've done, no need to wait around for the asshats at the tin shed. Have a little pride in your building Fargodome and get off the damn pot.

Exactly. You'd think artificial turf was a new thing or something.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I have never understood why NDSU hasn't changed to a newer better artificial surface. I mean we all know if UND can afford new turf NDSU surly can afford a newer better playing surface. Let's have some pride in the Fargodome.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post

Exactly......right on! WTF is NDSU and the Domes problem? I mean what have they had to spend on NDSU's football program except for NDSU's purchase of field turf for a practice field and fancy locker rooms and offices in the last 30 years. I mean NDSU did not even have to build a new stadium. Seems like programs with a lot less support than NDSU have all sorts of stadium improvement projects. Why is a premier program waiting so long to get decent lighting and improved turf?