Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fargo dome turf

Default fargo dome turf

as far as injuries go could someone tell me if we have more injuries at home or on the road? i for one think it is time for a better playing surface. the only thing that i see as beneficial of the current playing surface is if we had crazy speed like the team from the north. however i dont think we are a crazy speed program, we are a smashmouth team, ala roehl stefen mcnorton on offense and same on defense. I GUESS MY POINT BEING WOULDNT WE BE BETTER OFF WITH A SOFTER SOMEWHAT SLOWER PLAYING SURFACE TO CURB INJURY AND HIGHLIGHT OUR STYLE OF FOOTBALL

Default Re: fargo dome turf

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    as far as injuries go could someone tell me if we have more injuries at home or on the road? i for one think it is time for a better playing surface. the only thing that i see as beneficial of the current playing surface is if we had crazy speed like the team from the north. however i dont think we are a crazy speed program, we are a smashmouth team, ala roehl stefen mcnorton on offense and same on defense. I GUESS MY POINT BEING WOULDNT WE BE BETTER OFF WITH A SOFTER SOMEWHAT SLOWER PLAYING SURFACE TO CURB INJURY AND HIGHLIGHT OUR STYLE OF FOOTBALL
    I contend that if I am faster than you are I am still going to be faster on turf, grass, or a sidewalk.

I would like to see us do something crazy with the turf color like Boise did with Blue or Eastern Washingtons red. How about yellow turf!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I see the Alerus is going to replace their surface next year. It will be interesting what they install. The Dome should be able to learn from their mistakes.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Well hundreds of other stadiums have already done this so I would think they'd have it figured out by now.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    Having better and softer turf does not necessarily mean "slower". in fact, there could be even more "bounce" to it than harder surfaces. And I have to disagree with you that we are a smashmouth offensive team, at least this year. McNorton is a speed guy, although our o-line seems to be getting just a little more physical, but not quite there yet.

Now, our D, on the other hand, is really starting to smoke people when the opportunity arises. Heagle is perfect at free safety, and it is no wonder he now has the starting role.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I see the Alerus is going to replace their surface next year. It will be interesting what they install. The Dome should be able to learn from their mistakes.
    The only concern is for the dome to pick which mistakes the Alerus has made to learn from; long, exhaustive list.....

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.-Joshua J. Marine

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I contend that if I am faster than you are I am still going to be faster on turf, grass, or a sidewalk.

I would like to see us do something crazy with the turf color like Boise did with Blue or Eastern Washingtons red. How about yellow turf!
    Oh please no...

Actually, that green turf is one of NDSU's colors, so it should probably be changed to make sure no one things NDSU has any claim on the CITY's dome. A nice shade of maroon should make it clear that the dome is not, in any way, NDSU's home field.

Yellow seat covers? ha ha just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Yellow seat covers? ha ha just kidding.
    And about 5-8 thousand maniquins with yellow/green shirts so the place at least looks full all the time--SD, I think we may be on to somthin here!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Aren't they kind of limited as to what they can switch to because of the change over fact...its not like they can use a field turf like the metrodome uses...or can they?