Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri State predictions...

Default Re: Missouri State predictions...

Quote Originally Posted by mgbison View Post
    Bison 42
    MSU 17

I love the way our defense is playing. MSU's defense is bad. We win the field position game and our kick return game gives a boost to the offense.

I will say this about Jose. He doesn't throw many int's. The offense needs to sustain a some drives and kill the clock. The only way we lose this game is if we lose the turnover battle.
    I wouldn't throw any int's either if 3/4 of the passes are within 5 yards of scrimmage.

Guess were I will be at Saturday November 27th?

Till I Die, Bison Football

Quote Originally Posted by CHADSTAUS View Post
    Guess were I will be at Saturday November 27th?
    Hopefully watching the first round of the FCS playoffs on TV....

...and getting ready for the first home Bison playoff game in 20 years at the Fargo on December 4, as the Herd earned a first-round bye!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Tell that to TOB from SDSU. It is the reason we won the game and they didn't. The coaches know what they're gonna get with Jose, we should keep the game plan the same that it's been for the past 3 weeks.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think we end the regular season the way we started it. Down South, 6-3, strong defense pulls it out. Bookends. Man I have loved watching and listening and reading about our defense this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mgbison View Post
    Tell that to TOB from SDSU. It is the reason we won the game and they didn't. The coaches know what they're gonna get with Jose, we should keep the game plan the same that it's been for the past 3 weeks.
    I agree with this. Both Brock and Jose are excellent quarterbacks, with a different set of tools. I'll take a healthy Jose running a methodical offense and completing 70% of his short passes right now.

Bison: 24
    MSU: 13

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ndsu - 23

Msu- 16

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Missouri State plays well at home. NDSU has shown that it can win on the road with wins at Kansas and Youngstown State. When in doubt, I like to look at the last two games played by each team. Missouri State has been on the road for the last two games and has been beaten soundly scoring just 24 points in those contests. Those two games and the NDSU game have one thing in common. Missouri state is going up against a team that doesn't give up many points on defense. In case anyone has missed it this year, NDSU ranks 11th in the nation in scoring defense.

However, Missouri State has the 16th ranked offense in the nation at 33.1 PPG. They have a potent offense but seam to have a little trouble scoring on defenses that have been consistently good. Missouri state is dangerous at home and have a ton of seniors playing in their last game. Look for Missouri State to score some points in this one. But, not enough points.

The big elephant in the room is the 11th ranked....errrr 111th ranked MSU defense. The is just no way to sugar coat this one. 111 out of 117 ranked defenses is bad. They are actually ranked at at least 113th since USD and UND are not included in the stat sheet. This is the reason why MSU will miss the playoffs and the reason why they will lose on Saturday.

Look for the Bison to score in the high 30's while holding MSU to around 20. This is the perfect game to start Jensen if he is ready to go. Rely on a steady diet of DJ, Sigers and Voitlander and take a few shots with Holloway and the Bison should come out of this game with a win.

NDSU 38
    MSU 21
    Last edited by Scooter1; 11-16-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Does DJ break a yards record in this game? Or is there rush defense alright?
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Is a seed or bye week possible if we win? Do seeds always go to AQ's first?
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21