Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Student got kicked out for 2's a f*ggot chant

Default Re: Student got kicked out for 2's a f*ggot chant

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Weird that a lot of people are calling for that kid to get kicked out...(either way i didnt really care) but when the whole of the student section does the chant no one gets mad, in all honesty most people find it pretty entertaining.
    It's time for the chant to stop. This has been discussed ad nauseum well before this thread came into existence. I have no problem with taking action to back up what the university and the student body president have both asked to cease.

I DO have a problem with kids getting kicked out or harassed in any way for saying something "sucks". WEAK if it happened.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

It may have been because this was the first time I sat in the student section this year but I have to say they were pretty amped up. They were getting riled up as well. I also agree that they guy that got kicked most definitely deserved to be kicked. However I don't like being threatened in association because of someone else by the dome nazi's.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    It's time for the chant to stop. This has been discussed ad nauseum well before this thread came into existence. I have no problem with taking action to back up what the university and the student body president have both asked to cease.

I DO have a problem with kids getting kicked out or harassed in any way for saying something "sucks". WEAK if it happened.
    If you can say it on cable tv, you should be able to say it at the game!
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It isn't entertaining in the least, just makes us look like a bunch of backward hicks.
    This. You can talk better smack against another team without resorting to hate-speech like fa**ot.

This is the same as calling an African-American player a ni**er, IMO. No one would do that, I'd hope, so why this? It just makes us look foolish.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Bout time to close this thread. Those that understand, get it, those that don't, won't.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Weird that a lot of people are calling for that kid to get kicked out...(either way i didnt really care) but when the whole of the student section does the chant no one gets mad, in all honesty most people find it pretty entertaining.

The whole of the student section hasn't performed that chant for nearly a decade and a half, when it was actually relevant (for one game). Now it's just something a couple kids try to start up because they're stupid and think they can get away with something. Maybe a quarter of the student section will follow along, but it quickly gets overtaken by the remaining students usually with the "Let's go Bison" chant. Heck, I doubt most of the students even know how the chant started unless they read it on here due to someone posting the origins.

The chant is insensitive, and fuck trying to bring up the "the student section was even rowdier in the 80's". Go back a couple decades before that and you had white-only bathrooms and black people forced to sit in the back of a bus. Just because something happened before doesn't make it a good idea today. We also used to have cowbells at Dacotah and the Fargodome, but new rules prohibited them and the students complied.

Beyond being colossally insensitive and breaking rules established by NDSU, it's fucking embarrassing. Seriously, do you want a national audience hearing the chant? How does that reflect upon NDSU? How's it going to look once some media outlet runs a story on it?

I hope the student that started it is also facing criminal charges for being a dumb fuck in public, not being able to provide proof of possessing any common sense, and not being able to follow instructions.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    The whole of the student section hasn't performed that chant for nearly a decade and a half, when it was actually relevant (for one game). Now it's just something a couple kids try to start up because they're stupid and think they can get away with something. Maybe a quarter of the student section will follow along, but it quickly gets overtaken by the remaining students usually with the "Let's go Bison" chant. Heck, I doubt most of the students even know how the chant started unless they read it on here due to someone posting the origins.

The chant is insensitive, and fuck trying to bring up the "the student section was even rowdier in the 80's". Go back a couple decades before that and you had white-only bathrooms and black people forced to sit in the back of a bus. Just because something happened before doesn't make it a good idea today. We also used to have cowbells at Dacotah and the Fargodome, but new rules prohibited them and the students complied.

Beyond being colossally insensitive and breaking rules established by NDSU, it's fucking embarrassing. Seriously, do you want a national audience hearing the chant? How does that reflect upon NDSU? How's it going to look once some media outlet runs a story on it?

I hope the student that started it is also facing criminal charges for being a dumb fuck in public, not being able to provide proof of possessing any common sense, and not being able to follow instructions.
    Post of the week!

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    This. You can talk better smack against another team without resorting to hate-speech like fa**ot.

This is the same as calling an African-American player a ni**er, IMO. No one would do that, I'd hope, so why this? It just makes us look foolish.
    So is it OK for gay guys to call each other faggots just like it's OK for black guys to call each other niggers?
    Wow, some of you are so afraid to even type the words......LMAO!
    PC is here, now everyone can deal with it......so, "sucks" soon is a word that you can be thrown out for, and it will go on on and on.
    I agree people are stupid for yelling faggot, but thats about all........throwing them out will only encourage dumba$$ security to create their own list of words to exercise more control and stupidity. And we wonder why students don't want to come to the games?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So is it OK for gay guys to call each other faggots just like it's OK for black guys to call each other niggers?
    Wow, some of you are so afraid to even type the words......LMAO!
    PC is here, now everyone can deal with it......so, "sucks" soon is a word that you can be thrown out for, and it will go on on and on.
    I agree people are stupid for yelling faggot, but thats about all........throwing them out will only encourage dumba$$ security to create their own list of words to exercise more control and stupidity. And we wonder why students don't want to come to the games?
    I know a lot of gay people and I've never heard them call each other that.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post

Take a chill pill Bisonguy.......criminal charges? Wow!
    You are the one dropping the F bomb all over the place in your post.......maybe the PC police should come get you!