Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GDT:Concordia-Moorhead

Default Re: GDT:Concordia-Moorhead

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklerswife View Post
    26 fouls in the first half of an EXHIBITION game....
    that is not something that should be brushed off. neither team was able to actually play without the whistle being blown at least once a minute with a foul call. no one comes to watch free throws, even if it is an exhibition game.
    So, as officials, you go into the half and regroup. You say, "Guys, this is an exhibition game and we just called 26 fouls in the 1st half. Lets keep this moving and try to get a little flow out there. Lets swallow our whistles of the hand checks and go out there and do our jobs." Did they? 29 fouls called in the 2nd half......55....55...55...total fouls called in the game. UNBELIEVABLE! They can practice free throws in practice.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    So, as officials, you go into the half and regroup. You say, "Guys, this is an exhibition game and we just called 26 fouls in the 1st half. Lets keep this moving and try to get a little flow out there. Lets swallow our whistles of the hand checks and go out there and do our jobs." Did they? 29 fouls called in the 2nd half......55....55...55...total fouls called in the game. UNBELIEVABLE! They can practice free throws in practice.
    They know they get paid the same whether the game lasts 45 minutes or 2 hours and 45 minutes, right?
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    If a ref wanted to "even the playing field" calling a foul on every possession would be a great way go do it. I'm not saying that crew was unethical--they were probably just incompetent.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know I'm a little behind here I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but this game was rediculous. There's no way to even base anything off of this game as I think the longest stretch between fouls couldn't have been more than 2-3 mins and that's pushing it! A couple of things that did come from this game, I'm liking Braun more and more each time I see him play, there was one play where he got the ball on the arc and the defender stayed off im like 3 steps and he hits the 3 and then just stared at the defender like "are you kidding me?" loved it! I wasn't sure if he had much of a jump shot after the first game but he does and it's a nice one. I was a little disappointed with the playing time Felt got, when the team was struggling a lot to score I didn't understand why the deadliest shooter we have was sitting on the bench, especially when at one point both Lundberg and Zastrow were on the floor together with Felt on the bench. I was very confused by this. Trayvonn is a mystery, I worry about his body being able to handle the physicality of D1 basketball, but his ability to finish around the rim is just sick, again in this game he had a tip in in which his elbow was above the rim at one point in his jump, just crazy hops. I have faith in Saul that he will get the ship righted and ready to set sail out to Oregon this weekend. I'll be at the football game but will for sure have the gamecast up on my phone, lets go for another upset!

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I know I'm a little behind here I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but this game was rediculous. There's no way to even base anything off of this game as I think the longest stretch between fouls couldn't have been more than 2-3 mins and that's pushing it! A couple of things that did come from this game, I'm liking Braun more and more each time I see him play, there was one play where he got the ball on the arc and the defender stayed off im like 3 steps and he hits the 3 and then just stared at the defender like "are you kidding me?" loved it! I wasn't sure if he had much of a jump shot after the first game but he does and it's a nice one. I was a little disappointed with the playing time Felt got, when the team was struggling a lot to score I didn't understand why the deadliest shooter we have was sitting on the bench, especially when at one point both Lundberg and Zastrow were on the floor together with Felt on the bench. I was very confused by this. Trayvonn is a mystery, I worry about his body being able to handle the physicality of D1 basketball, but his ability to finish around the rim is just sick, again in this game he had a tip in in which his elbow was above the rim at one point in his jump, just crazy hops. I have faith in Saul that he will get the ship righted and ready to set sail out to Oregon this weekend. I'll be at the football game but will for sure have the gamecast up on my phone, lets go for another upset!
    I think the coaching staff was using the second exhibition game, in part, as an opportunity to experiment with some different combinations. Thus the starting lineup with no true post, using Nate and Drew together, etc. I wouldn't draw any conclusions about the number of minutes that Felt or anyone else played in that game.

Taylor Braun came alive in the last 10 minutes or so of that Concordia game. For the first time, our fans saw him assert himself in a way that he has done many times on the practice floor. He can be a very important player this season, but he is only going to get better. I think he will be a star, eventually.

Trayvonn is a freshman. He will have ups and downs. He has times on the practice court when he can be dominant against our upper classmen--and he has stretches where he disappears. I think his teammates believe that he can help them win. There are many factors which have to be considered in a decision about redshirting anyone, and trust me, our coaches have spent a lot of time thinking about those decisions.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Ya this game was terrible to watch. I agree Braun is looking better, and that he has a more complete game than I had thought. I am hoping Trayvonn redshirts still. Not sure if he is ready. I like little Z. I cant wait to see Freddy back. Carlson has developed an unblockable baby hook. He could be a scoring force this year down low.

Those three refs have worked a combined 254 DI games. Two of them have Big 10 experience.

I wasn't at the game but isn't it possible the players didn't adjust to what was being called? From reading the posts on here there is one thing I didn't see mentioned, and that was they were inconsistent. Sometimes players and coaches need to make adjustments just like the officials. With that said, it's still the exibition season for the officials too.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Those three refs have worked a combined 254 DI games. Two of them have Big 10 experience.

I wasn't at the game but isn't it possible the players didn't adjust to what was being called? From reading the posts on here there is one thing I didn't see mentioned, and that was they were inconsistent. Sometimes players and coaches need to make adjustments just like the officials. With that said, it's still the exibition season for the officials too.
    When you are calling hand checks with 5 minutes to go in a game that you have already called 45, then obviously you are saying that the teams should have adjusted (and didn't) to your foul calling. I believe in a regular season game, the players/teams have to adjust to you. In an exhibition game, it would kill the officials to adjust to the natural flow of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post

I didn't see the game either, but last year there were 81 different referees who worked at least 60 DI games.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/st...2009&submit=Go

Out of all who worked at least 30 games, the highest fouls per game average was 43.6.

Big 10 experience or not, those two stats make me think that these guys are pretty inexperienced, and have some work to do themselves before the regular season rolls around.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I didn't see the game either, but last year there were 81 different referees who worked at least 60 DI games.

Out of all who worked at least 30 games, the highest fouls per game average was 43.6.

Big 10 experience or not, those two stats make me think that these guys are pretty inexperienced, and have some work to do themselves before the regular season rolls around.
    In the words of The GREAT Sambini................+++++++++++++++++++++