Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ducks new basketball floor

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ducks new basketball floor

Looks like someone with severe diarrhea took an explosive dump on white canvas.

It's also not very "functional" as been pointed out about the 3-point line, and the center court line.

I hope you guys are being sarcastic and I'm not picking up on it. I think it's phenomenal.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan View Post
    I hope you guys are being sarcastic and I'm not picking up on it. I think it's phenomenal.
    Thank you. It seems that BV's sole purpose is to create a venue for people to pile onto the negative lately.

I personally think that this new floor will be phenomenal and that it will contribute well into this new venue. The MATT certainly is state-of-the-art. I will probably go check it out this weekend if I can get in. (I sometimes like to show my "architect's badge" to gain access to construction sites...)

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan View Post
    Maybe they just don't know what "qintessential" means?!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GradBison View Post
    Looks like someone with severe diarrhea took an explosive dump on white canvas.

It's also not very "functional" as been pointed out about the 3-point line, and the center court line.
    See I was thinking it was some sort of other bodily fluild. I was expecting this in the corner.

*Designed by Peter North
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

It's not bad. The picture looks 100x's better than the graphic version did. They are going to have to do something about that three point line though. I'm not sure how I feel about the Pac 10 logo's in white either, they look out of place to me.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Thank you. It seems that BV's sole purpose is to create a venue for people to pile onto the negative lately.

I personally think that this new floor will be phenomenal and that it will contribute well into this new venue. The MATT certainly is state-of-the-art. I will probably go check it out this weekend if I can get in. (I sometimes like to show my "architect's badge" to gain access to construction sites...)
    So Orygun, how do you feel about the SHAC design?

I'm torn on it. As an 'artistic' thing, its kind of cool. Functionally, I think the visibility of the lines might be a little problematic. In a way though, I kind of dislike it just because it signals another step in the athletics arms race. How long before we have to spend half-a-million dollars on a pretty design for our BB court just so we can recruit players? I may be a prematurely-aged-old-fuddy-duddy, but I think the traditional look is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    So Orygun, how do you feel about the SHAC design?

I'm torn on it. As an 'artistic' thing, its kind of cool. Functionally, I think the visibility of the lines might be a little problematic. In a way though, I kind of dislike it just because it signals another step in the athletics arms race. How long before we have to spend half-a-million dollars on a pretty design for our BB court just so we can recruit players? I may be a prematurely-aged-old-fuddy-duddy, but I think the traditional look is just fine.
    Alright, funny guy. I'm assuming that you are referring to my critique of the design for the SHAC in another thread, right? Well, that wasn't me piling onto the negative because I seemed to be the only one that had any sort of meaningful concerns about the aesthetics, k. It is my job (literally) to challenge design to be better, for the same cost of construction. I'm pretty damn good at it, too. Great design on the cheap is something that we have promoted in my firm since inception. I have offered an educated opinion on a subject that I am very versed and passionate about. That is different from others on here that truly believe that they know much more than all of the coaches and players and feed of each other's pissyness. So there.

Regarding the new Ducks floor, I think it is great. I like the vision. For me, this is an example of a school that designs their new facilities to lead their peers, rather than just "keeping up with the Joneses". Rest assured that if the rest of college BB courts start doing this sort of stuff, the UofO will be the ones to re-introduce the elegance of the old style of floor.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just giving you crap, man. No biggie.

Huh, I guess I get a little feisty after a few drinks...