Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Joe Mays!

Default Re: Joe Mays!

BISONNEIL. i was telling NO SKILL HE WAS WRONG>

i used his quote,

JOE MAYS ROCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Gruden knows NDSU well-think Casey "Gus" Bradley and Todd Wash.
    He gave Mike Shepard a shot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    He gave Mike Shepard a shot as well.
    For sure. He has been making some really nice plays. Way to go Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    It was a nice little tidbit about Joe. Can't remember if it was Jaws or Gruden but one of them talked about the revitalization of the Broncos D and it started with the Broncos trading for Joe Mays. Then they talked about how he blew up the play and stopped the chargers from scoring on that play.
    Thanks Mike!!
    Bizon football...it ain't golf....be LOUD...be PROUD....BIZON NATION (yes, I stole 'nation' from the Gophers)

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    It was a nice little tidbit about Joe. Can't remember if it was Jaws or Gruden but one of them talked about the revitalization of the Broncos D and it started with the Broncos trading for Joe Mays. Then they talked about how he blew up the play and stopped the chargers from scoring on that play.
    They were talking about how injuries had really struck the D, Ayers is out and Doom on IR has really left the LB's lean, Woodyard has been hurt as well. They switched back to the 4-3 and it really didn't work because Moss sucked horribly so they went back to the 3-4 moved haggan back to his OLB that they picked him up for and used mays with DJ in the middle. They also have a pretty sweet 3rd down nickle package thats a 3-4 look with Dawkins next to DJ at LB position, however the secondary is so dinged, that when they bring jones in they might as well just give the other team a TD. Joe is going to be a long term answer for this team. I honestly believe that. In Philly he was just a stopgap, but when they let Adoyleye go after the preaseason I saw that as a chance for joe to shine at some time in the season. Williams is on his way down in the league as he sees his value as much more than the team feels it is. Joe and Woodyard compliment each other nicely and both are great ST players.