Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Mays!

Default Joe Mays!

Joe Mays getting some interviewing time!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...b-bf2e5370df26

Default Re: Joe Mays!

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    Joe Mays getting some interviewing time!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...b-bf2e5370df26
    Have to love these questions........also like how Mays still refers to Bison football as "our program"......

What was it like playing your football at North Dakota State?
    "It was fun, real fun. North Dakota State is a football school. We had our diehard fans. They come out there every Saturday and they yell and scream and they get you pumped up. You definitely want to do it for the fans and your teammates. I had a lot of fun. If I could go back in time, I'd do the same thing over and over again."

In your senior season, your North Dakota State team beat Eric Decker's Minnesota squad. Have you ever mentioned that to him?
    "I said something to Deck about it. I don't think he wanted to remember that game. He kind of smiled and brushed it off, but he knew that we came in there to win and we did. It was exciting. That was a big win for our program."

I'm sure he really misses NDSU

The picture of Mays in that article is awesome! Look at the pipes on Joe. What a manimal!

Bring him back in a leadership/coaching position after he's done in the NFL, if he would take the job...
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Bring him back in a leadership/coaching position after he's done in the NFL, if he would take the job...
    My guess is he would do it in a second. We will see him here again.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Directly from the article.

If you weren't in the NFL, what would you be doing?

"I think I'd be coaching. I'd probably be coaching college football."

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Directly from the article.

If you weren't in the NFL, what would you be doing?

"I think I'd be coaching. I'd probably be coaching college football."
    Joe Mays NDSU Head Football Coach 2021?

Let's give him 5 more years in the NFL, then NDSU LB coach for 2 years, Def Coordinator for 3 then HC. I have his life planned out for him. I should have been a guidance counselor.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Have to love these questions........also like how Mays still refers to Bison football as "our program"......

What was it like playing your football at North Dakota State?
    "It was fun, real fun. North Dakota State is a football school. We had our diehard fans. They come out there every Saturday and they yell and scream and they get you pumped up. You definitely want to do it for the fans and your teammates. I had a lot of fun. If I could go back in time, I'd do the same thing over and over again."

In your senior season, your North Dakota State team beat Eric Decker's Minnesota squad. Have you ever mentioned that to him?
    "I said something to Deck about it. I don't think he wanted to remember that game. He kind of smiled and brushed it off, but he knew that we came in there to win and we did. It was exciting. That was a big win for our program."
    Thanks for posting this. Love these comments from one of the all time great Bison. It would be great for Joe to come home after his playing days are over.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Joe would be great to have on our coaching staff right now. His style of leadership (lead by example), discipline (didn't see dumb penalties on him), passion (if you have met him you know he cares), and intensity (120% 100% of the time) hasn't been seen since he left. He is EXACTLY what we've lost!