Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Juckem

Default Juckem

On the craig bohl show matt phillips mentioned justin juckem as future star. Why aren't we seeing him on the field?

Default Re: Juckem

I heard he got injured early in the year, but I can't remember where I heard that.

Also, I've heard Justin in on the practice squad and the coaches are keeping him on the developmental-lifting program because of his ridiculous potential for putting on muscle. Its amazing how much weight he put on last winter. I didn't know who he was when Juckem walked out on the practice field last spring!

Just because he's not getting major PT as a RFr. doesn't mean he won't be a star in the future.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Has he been on the field at all?

give him time to develop

Quote Originally Posted by soupcan View Post
    Has he been on the field at all?
    Not that I know of. IIRC, he didn't play in the spring game either even though he was looking very impressive before then. That would seem to indicate that he's injured. I'll do some digging in the archives. Good question for the Monday radio show.

I wonder about those player profiles - were they all done at the beginning of the year during the media day?

Future interviewees should study Gratzek's bit because he had the best answers like Q. "What MVFC stadium do you least like to play at?" A. "I don't care where we play them."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Future interviewees should study Gratzek's bit because he had the best answers like Q. "What MVFC stadium do you least like to play at?" A. "I don't care where we play them."
    I've noticed too many of the answers being either Northern Iowa or SDSU. Those are the places that should be their favorite places to play, as they provide the best atmosphere.

It seems to me that Juckem might be stuck between positions - too bulky for DE but not quite in the rotation yet for DT. Currently listed at 267 but looks to be a pretty lean 267. Would expect to see him next year for sure.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

267 is by no means too bulky for DE as long as that is a lean 267 and doesn't include a garden variety beer belly.

Looking back at old posts, it sounds like Justin wrecked his ankle a bit right away this season and that sometimes takes a while to heal.