Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana State: thoughts, predictions, etc.

Bison101 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Indiana State: thoughts, predictions, etc.

I guess I have to be the one that says it :

THIS YEAR'S BISON TEAM BEAT KANSAS.

If we can't beat the Sycamores after beating the KU JAYHAWKS, then something is wrong with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison101 View Post
    I guess I have to be the one that says it :

THIS YEAR'S BISON TEAM BEAT KANSAS.

If we can't beat the Sycamores after beating the KU JAYHAWKS, then something is wrong with the program.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I cannot agree more!!!!!!

Time to get it done Bison.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On the Indiana State game....

This game may have more implications than some want to admit. If the Sycamores come in and beat the Bison at home, they go to 5-2 and can call this season a huge success, even if they lose the next four games. Should the Bison lose to the Sycamores at home, some fans could get their wish of seeing Bohl gone.

There is nothing more dangerous than a team that believes they can win. The Sycamores believe they can win. Indiana St still needs to prove that they can win on the road. Are we going to see the team that played W Illinois who lost 40-7 at W Illinois, or are we going to see the team that beat Illinois St at home? I'm hoping for the 40-7 team. The real question is what is in the heads of the Bison football team. Does this Bison football team play with confidence? I didn't see that they were playing to win last Saturday. They extended drives for Illinois State at crucial times and didn't get a stop though out the entire second half. Maybe playing at home will help, maybe it won't.

Don't you get tired of reading about what a great quarterback the opposing team has? Are we the only school in the MVC without a proven commodity at Quarterback? Jose Mohler needs to step up to the plate and lead. He also needs to recognize when to take what he can get and hold on to the ball.

If the Bison lose this game, dust off a seat on the fire Bohl bus because this truly is a game that NDSU should not lose. Who would have thought that a home game against Indiana St could be a defining moment for the coaching career for Craig Bohl just three seasons after having 2 straight 10-1 seasons? The previous two games played against this team were 30 point wins, We have them at home. I don't care how much momentum they think they have, we need to win this game by 17 or more. I see us winning by 14.

If the Sycamores win this game the stage will have been set for them to climb out of the MVC cellar and shut the door on that part of their past. I don't think with their coaching change Indiana St will slip back to the 0-11 team that we saw in the past. Indiana St is doing what it needs to do- win at home against the teams that you should be able to play with. They need to take the next step and show they can win on the road. From past performances from this season, I don't see that happening this week.

NDSU 35
    Indiana St 21
    Last edited by Scooter1; 10-21-2010 at 04:15 PM.

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Indiana State is definitely thinking playoffs, and why shouldn't they? They're on a roll. They do have to get into the mindset that they can win away from home, though. Let's hope that trend doesn't start with the Bison!

http://tribstar.com/sports/x17442092...fun-in-Midwest

"Moreover, ISU will be playing against stiffer pass defenses for the rest of the season, starting with North Dakota State on Saturday at the Fargodome. The Bison are ranked 40th in FCS against the pass, far better than either Illinois State or Missouri State, both of whom are ranked in the bottom 12 in the nation."

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Post this in the Bison locker room:

Source: http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205015086

An Indiana State Win Over North Dakota State Would ...

* Give Indiana State four consecutive victories for the first time since the 2004 season.
    * Improve Indiana State's Missouri Valley Football Conference winning streak to three games, its longest since 1996.
    * Give Indiana State its first ever victory over North Dakota State in three tries.
    * Give Indiana State its first road win since downing Eastern Illinois in 2004, a span of 35 road contests.
    * Give Indiana State a total of five victories for the season, its most since 2002.
    * Improve ISU to 3-1 in MVFC play, tying the 2010 Trees with the 1995 & 1996 teams for the best start in league play.

I'm calling it 31-30 Bison. Even if Bohl can't pull us through, Jose can.

I'm also predicting I finish corn harvest by sundown tomorrow. Let's see how many forecasts hold true.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

This is the way I see it:
    The most important player for you to shut down is Shakir Bell...when he comes into the game it really seems to fire up the Sycamore offense...Don't get me wrong Gates is a great back But Shakir Bell has that ability to turn nothing into something...and his carries seem to come 1-3 plays before one of our long TD passes which usually happen to come from Play-action...also his style is a big change-up to gates who has turned into a more physical back than we once thought....Gates Averages 97.0 yards per game and Bell averages 90

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    On the Indiana State game....

This game may have more implications than some want to admit. If the Sycamores come in and beat the Bison at home, they go to 5-2 and can call this season a huge success, even if they lose the next four games. Should the Bison lose to the Sycamores at home, some fans could get their wish of seeing Bohl gone.

There is nothing more dangerous than a team that believes they can win. The Sycamores believe they can win. Indiana St still needs to prove that they can win on the road. Are we going to see the team that played W Illinois who lost 40-7 at W Illinois, or are we going to see the team that beat Illinois St at home? I'm hoping for the 40-7 team. The real question is what is in the heads of the Bison football team. Does this Bison football team play with confidence? I didn't see that they were playing to win last Saturday. They extended drives for Illinois State at crucial times and didn't get a stop though out the entire second half. Maybe playing at home will help, maybe it won't.

Don't you get tired of reading about what a great quarterback the opposing team has? Are we the only school in the MVC without a proven commodity at Quarterback? Jose Mohler needs to step up to the plate and lead. He also needs to recognize when to take what he can get and hold on to the ball.

If the Bison lose this game, dust off a seat on the fire Bohl bus because this truly is a game that NDSU should not lose. Who would have thought that a home game against Indiana St could be a defining moment for the coaching career for Craig Bohl just three seasons after having 2 straight 10-1 seasons? The previous two games played against this team were 30 point wins, We have them at home. I don't care how much momentum they think they have, we need to win this game by 17 or more. I see us winning by 14.

If the Sycamores win this game the stage will have been set for them to climb out of the MVC cellar and shut the door on that part of their past. I don't think with their coaching change Indiana St will slip back to the 0-11 team that we saw in the past. Indiana St is doing what it needs to do- win at home against the teams that you should be able to play with. They need to take the next step and show they can win on the road. From past performances from this season, I don't see that happening this week.

NDSU 35
    Indiana St 21

Good post!

Get it done Bison....period.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Back on the medication(s)....

Bizons - 42
    'Trees - 13

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This is the way I see it:
    The most important player for you to shut down is Shakir Bell...when he comes into the game it really seems to fire up the Sycamore offense...Don't get me wrong Gates is a great back But Shakir Bell has that ability to turn nothing into something...and his carries seem to come 1-3 plays before one of our long TD passes which usually happen to come from Play-action...also his style is a big change-up to gates who has turned into a more physical back than we once thought....Gates Averages 97.0 yards per game and Bell averages 90
    I watched Bell in the state championship game last year and he was unbelievable. He is a little guy which is probably why a lot of people passed on him but he was strong and fast. I was surprised when ISU got him but thought he would be a great player for them. They also got the starting QB from that team and a few players from the previous state championship team. Miles has definitely accumulated some talent the past 2 years and they are starting to show promise. As with any young team they may struggle at times but as long as Miles is there, this should be a solid team. I think the Bison will win this game but it wouldn't surprise me if ISU gives them a good game.