Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article on possible Summit expansion

Default Re: Article on possible Summit expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Wrong. UND is the key school in any realignment. Those other schools are simply pawns to be moved and rearranged at will. I mean, how many of them even have hockey?
    I heard Montana is only looking at moving up because they are afraid to be in a conference with UND. If I remember, that is why they said we moved up too.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I heard Montana is only looking at moving up because they are afraid to be in a conference with UND. If I remember, that is why they said we moved up too.
    Well, UND has only themselves to blame for scaring schools off. They should quit driving around other schools' campuses and doing stuff like this:

"Grizzly bears, come out and play-ee-yay!" (for best effect, read in the voice of the character, Bruce, from Family Guy.)

New nickname idea for UND: The Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    http://oaklandpostonline.com/2010/10...summit-league/

Oakland University Athletic Director Tracy Huth:

While the worst possible thing to do would be add teams that make other established members look elsewhere, if the league adds UND and SUU goes to the Big Sky, then you get rid of the worst road trip in the Summit and replace it with one that isn't all that bad. That'd be a win-win.
    Thanks Tony for the link+++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Why would the MVFC move to 11? What is the value in that? 9 is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Why do you have the MVFC for expansion? They're not going to expand, especially to 11 schools which would only allow one nonconference game.
    To drop the 'round robin beat the crap out of each other' schedule currently in place. Look at the Valley. Fun now, but painful come playoff time as only one Valley team is getting a berth (my guess).

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    To drop the 'round robin beat the crap out of each other' schedule currently in place. Look at the Valley. Fun now, but painful come playoff time as only one Valley team is getting a berth (my guess).
    I happen to really like the round robin play everyone approach. That way there's no dispute as to who's number one at the end of the day. The comparative score index wizards would be way too powerful any other way.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Why do you have the MVFC for expansion? They're not going to expand, especially to 11 schools which would only allow one nonconference game. The big Sky & Summit are the only conferences that may have expansion in the short term.
    You are oh, so, correct about the MVFC. There is no reason to expand from nine. I see no reason to split into two divisions either. That just has the effect of watering down the auto bid. Leave things as they are. I don't see any reason to let a doormat like UND into the Summit either, but that's a whole nother post.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I happen to really like the round robin play everyone approach. That way there's no dispute as to who's number one at the end of the day. The comparative score index wizards would be way too powerful any other way.
    I'd agree with that if it didn't make it more difficult to get teams in the playoffs. Soften up the schedule a bit and you can turn a 7-4 team into an 8-3 team. Doesn't make the team any better, but it does give them a shot at the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    That just has the effect of watering down the auto bid.
    C'mon. The CAA had Northeastern and Hofstra last year, and that didn't diminish the reputation of the conference.

I'd agree with that if it didn't make it more difficult to get teams in the playoffs. Soften up the schedule a bit and you can turn a 7-4 team into an 8-3 team. Doesn't make the team any better, but it does give them a shot at the playoffs.
    Well, thanks but no thanks.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

FYI your argument sucks.

Watering down the competition to make the conference better - sorry doesn't work that way. I could bring our some high-powered mathematics to prove the point, but I am tired and my super bison brain needs a rest.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."