Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Article on possible Summit expansion

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Article on possible Summit expansion

[QUOTE=Herd]
    It wouldn't surprise me if . . .

UND commits to the Big Sky with SUU, but USD waits
    The day after the UND and SUU commit, USD is offered to the MVFC, as the presidents bend for 1.

Stranger things have happened!![QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Herd: if I send you $100, you keep $99 and buy me one, $1.00 Powerball ticket. Deal?
    Oh, come on. He wasn't even close to right. USD wasn't offerred until two days after the Big Sky announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    ... My recap and prognostications of recent and future events:

UND accepts invite to Big Sky----> Smart move on UND's part

Big Sky inviting UND without a 100% guarantee from USD---> Big Sky Major Fail

"POP" for UND? ... Money does the talking in conference affilitations, so the Summit may accept the apology and bring them in. UND did at least have the decency to cancel the site visit and save some of the SL's site visit team from wasting their time traveling to Grand Forks. A 10 team Summit would make for much easier scheduling than a 9 team Summit.

UND could tell the Big Sky that they'll be happy to leave the conference in all sports, but FOOTBALL, the only sport where travel partners is not an issue. The Big Sky should jump at this chance and admit they screwed up royally by taking in UND without USD. It's not a secret, the Big Sky committed a much bigger blunder than UND. UND needed a conference with football and they took the offer. They could be an affiliate just like UC Davis & Cal Poly.

If Kelley and Faison pull this off, they will look like geniuses.
    Careful. If you keep saying things like that (things that could be remotely interpreted as "kind" toward UND) some around here will remove your Bison tattoo with a steel brush.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Careful. If you keep saying things like that (things that could be remotely interpreted as "kind" toward UND) some around here will remove your Bison tattoo with a steel brush.
    I'm willing to risk it. Besides, I'd like to see UND get into the Summit League. Conference games are more exciting than OOC games. The games will be played, anyway, so why not have it mean something.

As for football, they will likely schedule the game a few times in the future, too.