Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Article on possible Summit expansion

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Article on possible Summit expansion

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Fulerton also looks like the same old used car salesman we always knew he was.
    Yeah, I can just see him strolling up to Sayler:

ACT 1
    Scene 1
    a conference dealership

DOUG FULLERTON is standing near a large Big Sky Conference logo. DAVID SAYLER enters right, appears to be looking at a Missouri Valley Conference logo. Sees price tag, whistles and wanders off. FULLERTON approaches:

DOUG FULLERTON: Hey, what's it going to take to get you into a brand new conference today?

SAYLER (hesitating): Well, I dunno, I'm upside down on my current conference

FULLERTON: Oh, that's not a problem. This new conference will make money. You'll pay off your old conference in no time. By the way, I'm pretty sure we can get football included in this conference, and you look like a guy that likes football.

DAVID SAYLER: That's true but---

FULLERTON (interrupting): I knew it. I can always tell a guy who likes football. Listen. Let me get you some coffee, have a seat right over there, and I'll go get my manager.

SAYLER: Well, my old conference is a lot cheaper to operate.

FULLERTON (growing slightly annoyed): Look, I just told you, this conference actually makes money. Why one guy I know makes $145k per year with this conference. You do want to make money with your conference, right?

SAYLER (still more hesitant): Yes, but, errrm, well, I don't know. I know I'm not ready to buy today.

FULLERTON (realizes he's lost this round, tries to leave a good impression but overdoes it): Okay. I understand. (winks in exaggerated fashion) Probably have to check with the wife, eh? Here's my card. Give me your number and we'll be in touch

(they exchange cards).

Scene 2
    a sales office:

SALES MGR: You look pleased with yourself, Fullerton.

FULLERTON: I just made a sale! My third this month!!

TOM DOUPLE: Who?

FULLERTON: David Sayler

(ominous music)
    I call it "Death of a Commissioner" or "The Commissioner Who Drew Against Commission"

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    Yeah, I can just see him strolling up to Sayler:

I call it "Death of a Commissioner" or "The Commissioner Who Drew Against Commission"

The funny thing is that someone else paid good money for that hoopty!!
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    The funny thing is that someone else paid good money for that hoopty!!
    It was all they could afford Summit buy-in is $50k higher than BSC.

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    It was all they could afford Summit buy-in is $50k higher than BSC.

Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

What a night of good reading on Bisonville!! This is the best soap opera going on in the country right now. My recap and prognostications of recent and future events:

UND accepts invite to Big Sky----> Smart move on UND's part
    Big Sky inviting UND without a 100% guarantee from USD---> Big Sky Major Fail
    UND's marriage to the Big Sky: Both parties want an annulment, but....
    ....UND (I hate to say it) could be in a "position of power" (Ouch, that hurt).

"POP" for UND? Yes, they can grovel their way back into the Summit League's good graces by taking their 20 lashes and apologizing profusely for spurning the SL. Money does the talking in conference affilitations, so the Summit may accept the apology and bring them in. UND did at least have the decency to cancel the site visit and save some of the SL's site visit team from wasting their time traveling to Grand Forks. A 10 team Summit would make for much easier scheduling than a 9 team Summit.

UND could tell the Big Sky that they'll be happy to leave the conference in all sports, but FOOTBALL, the only sport where travel partners is not an issue. The Big Sky should jump at this chance and admit they screwed up royally by taking in UND without USD. It's not a secret, the Big Sky committed a much bigger blunder than UND. UND needed a conference with football and they took the offer. They could be an affiliate just like UC Davis & Cal Poly.

If Kelley and Faison pull this off, they will look like geniuses.

Bison fans would get something out of this, too. UND would be in our league in everything, except for football. The Bison are scheduling games in all other sports as OOC now, so it'll give GT different options for OOC scheduling. With the way things have been playing out, everyone in the Summit League will hate UND when they come visit. The fans of other SL teams surely aren't going to forgot all of the "Summit League Sucks"- type comments.

Tune in tomorrow, it should be another glorious day in the soap opera that is the Summit/ MVFC vs. Big Sky battle.

I have thought the same thing the big sky has to be calling and asking if they want to just be a football member with no travel partner even in the same time zone they have to be kicking themselves. I would love to hear the call between faison and Douple. Dang this couldn't get more entertaining,

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I have thought the same thing the big sky has to be calling and asking if they want to just be a football member with no travel partner even in the same time zone they have to be kicking themselves. I would love to hear the call between faison and Douple. Dang this couldn't get more entertaining,
    Haha. Your not kidding.

I have to admit, yesterday I posted a few times about the Summit getting more aggressive and they, along with the MVFC did just that. Congrats to USD.

You do realize that UND is still in the WCHA where they get to be with their peer schools of Minnesota and Wisconsin..........oh wait.......nevermind.

Can someone please get Ken Burns on the phone and have him put a documentery together about this whole story. I just cannot read all 19 of these threads and even pretend to get anything done.
    O.K. TAB.....you may proceed to poke fun at my Attention Deficit Disorder, my fourth grade reading level, and my 39 IQ.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Damn, and I thought that I could put away my popcorn popper after sitting back and watching the nickname fiasco!! Time to crank up the Orville Redenbacher again!!