Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcer

Default Re: Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The other guy---what was he even in the booth for????
    I wish I knew...keep the other guy company? Get him coffee? Water? Free paycheck?
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

Dude. Bottom line is I'd take that dude any day and twice on Saturday. He was excellent. Especially compared to those UNI asshats.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I wouldn't trade Scotty and Phil for anyone but I will say that's the first time in a long time that I haven't muted the home teams announcers.

UNI was easily the worst I've ever heard.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I wouldn't trade Scotty and Phil for anyone but I will say that's the first time in a long time that I haven't muted the home teams announcers.

UNI was easily the worst I've ever heard.
    You must have missed the WIU game in '09. That was unbeleivably bad.

This YSU guy was awesome.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yup, I loved that guy!

I had my TV synch'd with Scotty and Phil but I did just go back and watched some of the game on DVR and that guy was good. He sounded like Marv Albert.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

He showed excitement on big plays for both teams.

Chad does a great job, the only issue is his voice sounds a bit funny. If he can work out the scratches, then he definitely has the opportunity to go big time.

His other issue is he gets a bit TOO enthusiastic into the games... You should hear him on a two yard run.. Give to Bellamy.. UP THE MIDDLE... FIRST DOWN.. When it was a gain of two.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoguins View Post
    Chad does a great job, the only issue is his voice sounds a bit funny. If he can work out the scratches, then he definitely has the opportunity to go big time.

His other issue is he gets a bit TOO enthusiastic into the games... You should hear him on a two yard run.. Give to Bellamy.. UP THE MIDDLE... FIRST DOWN.. When it was a gain of two.
    Dude. Seriously. Watch a couple of games by UNI's announcers or WIU's. Then compare. Guaranfreakingtee you'll be happy you have the dude you have.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I don't remember WIU's announcer. I think I watched the game that year in a bar. I seem to recall UC Davis or Cal Poly's being pretty bad in regards to talking down midwestern football players (their speed namely) and such before one of the Cali Comebacks.

As I said earlier I usually just mute them. I think we take Scotty and Phil for granted. There's a lot of D1 teams who simply have shit announcers.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes