Default New Recruit - Ryan Stanford

Now this is on impressive young man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w43Aew5OFaM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: New Recruit - Ryan Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Now this is on impressive young man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w43Aew5OFaM
    We had a GDT thread for his HS game last night btw First play of the game he hooked up with the other NDSU commit Jones for an 80 yard TD!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Did he commit to NDSU last year, or how the heck did he know what color shirt/tie to wear??
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Wait, I never watched this video last night - is he really the #2 QB in 'Zona? If so, that means we got #3 RB and #2 QB out of that state - wow. This is class is looking to potentially be better than last years...if thats even possible. I was worried earlier, but I almost wonder if the Kansas win hasn't had a large impact for recruiting.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

After watching the highlights, he looks good, very good. He's got the over the top release that you really look for...plus if you watch his foot speed, it's pretty exceptional. He works out of the shotgun, so that is sort of a concern, but if he feels his strength is reading defenses, atleast he'll likely have the confidence in doing so. He fits the ball into some tight lanes, but it does look like he needs to get his arm strength up a bit. I saw him throw a half lob on an out and ideally that would be a little flatter. He just needs to grow up a bit, in which we have a perfect situation for right now, potential for a 4year starter.
    check neg rep

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    .... He just needs to grow up a bit, in which we have a perfect situation for right now, potential for a 4year starter.
    Lots of potential at the QB spot!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Lots of potential at the QB spot!
    Which is why I believe Esley Thorton should be designated as a DB. With Brock Jensen poised to be a 3.8-year starter, bearing injury, it would behoove NDSU to use the talent where they can.

Quote Originally Posted by BemidjiBison11 View Post
    Which is why I believe Esley Thorton should be designated as a DB. With Brock Jensen poised to be a 3.8-year starter, bearing injury, it would behoove NDSU to use the talent where they can.
    I'm not sure Esley is a D-I DB of any kind. You can't just throw anyone back there... You need a different skill set, quick hips, quick feet, leaping ability.
    check neg rep

I'm not sure Esley is a D-I DB of any kind. You can't just throw anyone back there... You need a different skill set, quick hips, quick feet, leaping ability.

Yeah, that and Bohl's stated that Esley is turning heads at practice at QB.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Fair enough...Use him as a WR then...Just get him on the field (next year, obviously, as he is redshirting).