Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PLAYOFFS???? oh yeah.

Default Re: PLAYOFFS???? oh yeah.

One game at a time folks. One game at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    This may be a stretch guess but I'm thinking you weren't a math major right? Probably never did math long hand, only used a calculator?

Current record: 3-1
    Your conference record: 4-4

Okay, let's add them up. On the right had side of the dash you have a 4 and a 1, that would be, come on, you can do it, 5! Atta boy...

On the left hand side of the dash you have a 3 and a 4, and that would add up to, yes, you had it right, a 7!!

Problem is, 7 & 5 adds up to what? 12, right? Maybe get that calculator out to check the math, but the Bison only play 11 games.
    Wow, you went through all this to put someone down, and couldn't even get it right yourself.

Indiana State is the only remaining game that I feel really good about winning. The rest are big time tests and each could go either way.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Wow, you went through all this to put someone down, and couldn't even get it right yourself.

Indiana State is the only remaining game that I feel really good about winning. The rest are big time tests and each could go either way.
    So your saying we are likely to at least meet Jeff Kolpacks expectation of 4 wins this season?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    So your saying we are likely to at least meet Jeff Kolpacks expectation of 4 wins this season?
    Can't say I blame Kolpack for his prediction. There were so many uncertanties going into the season and after last year's debacle, 4 wins could have been a justifiable prediction.

Glad I went with 7-8

Kolpack said 4-7? wow.

It sure is great just to be able to ponder the playoffs. Last year was very tough and very trying but it sure in fun to watch "BISON" football. It sucked watching teams march up and down the field on us last year and expect them to score. Now they move it some but you expect the D to get some good holds.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Where did you get the idea he's saying we've got eight games left? Going 6-1 in the next seven games would still put us at 6-2 in conference play (as we've already played one conference game). Comprehension might be an OK substitute for condescension here.
    I got it from him. He said 7-4 going 4-4 in the conference. I was only using his fuzzy math and numbers.

I got it from him. He said 7-4 going 4-4 in the conference. I was only using his fuzzy math and numbers.
    His numbers were right, your analysis was wrong.

Write out the four teams NDSU could lose to - pick any ones you want (of course, we already know one of them.) Now go through the list and every time you see a member of the MVFC, scratch down a little tick mark. When you get done, add up your tick marks. Spooky!

Way too early to talk about playoffs, imo, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Yeah, if we finish with a 7-4 overall record, the conference record will be 4-4. We are 3-0 non-conference right now and 0-1 in the conference. I think my math is 100% correct.

My original point stands. Some people point to 7-4 as being playoff worthy because of the 7 wins. I don't see it that way because it also means 4-4 in the conference and that's not likely to impress the committee.

8-3 overall should be the target at a minimum.

"8-3"--that was the record a very-high-up ranking NDSU Athletic Department figure told me they were possibly hoping to get to. But, seriously, should we really be talkin about playoffs at this stage in the season?!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.