Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PLAYOFFS???? oh yeah.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: PLAYOFFS???? oh yeah.

4-2 or 3-3 is within our grasp too if he don't play em one at a time. I seem to remember a befuddled bison team playing in a thick fog the last time out in Youngstown. And it was a clear day.

That game in Ohio might be as tough as any. If we make it to 5-1, get your popcorn ready.

As good as Jensen has looked, remember he hasn't played on the road yet. It's a little different outside of the living room like atmosphere in the Dome. I think he can get it done, but it's a different ballgame...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Fresh off my 20+ coyote thread prediction, I bring you the playoffs, win the next 2 & we'te in!!!
    Four games in with only WIU to worry about and you deliver the kiss of death. Nice.

Sometimes it would be good if you just shut your pie hole.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

I'll play along. 7-4 gives us almost zero chance. That would mean a 4-4 conference record and I doubt if playing .500 football in the MVFC is good enough.
    This may be a stretch guess but I'm thinking you weren't a math major right? Probably never did math long hand, only used a calculator?

Current record: 3-1
    Your conference record: 4-4

Okay, let's add them up. On the right had side of the dash you have a 4 and a 1, that would be, come on, you can do it, 5! Atta boy...

On the left hand side of the dash you have a 3 and a 4, and that would add up to, yes, you had it right, a 7!!

Problem is, 7 & 5 adds up to what? 12, right? Maybe get that calculator out to check the math, but the Bison only play 11 games.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    This may be a stretch guess but I'm thinking you weren't a math major right? Probably never did math long hand, only used a calculator?

Okay, let's add them up. On the right had side of the dash you have a 4 and a 1, that would be, come on, you can do it, 5! Atta boy...

On the left hand side of the dash you have a 3 and a 4, and that would add up to, yes, you had it right, a 7!!

Problem is, 7 & 5 adds up to what? 12, right? Maybe get that calculator out to check the math, but the Bison only play 11 games.
    Where did you get the idea he's saying we've got eight games left? Going 6-1 in the next seven games would still put us at 6-2 in conference play (as we've already played one conference game). Comprehension might be an OK substitute for condescension here.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Four games in with only WIU to worry about and you deliver the kiss of death. Nice.

Sometimes it would be good if you just shut your pie hole.
    Because Lakes has so much bearing on how our season turns out

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Seriously, I can make a case for not losing another game.

WIU - havent played anyone
    YSU - beat butler and central conn (sigh), caught SIU offguard
    ILL ST- gave up 54 points to a D2 team
    SIU - 1-3 and ol brawny boy's recruits are horrible and its at home
    SDSU- 0-4 after UNI pounds them this week and its at home
    IND ST - zzzzz
    @ Miss st - prove it.
    YSU is a much different team at home. They will be playing with confidence vs. us. Illinois St.'s game vs. the D2 is a fluke. They still have arguably the best QB in the conference. SIU will be tough at home no matter what. They were up in 2 of those games they lost 14-0 but let the other team come back. SDSU is a rivalry game and they have our number the past 3 seasons. Throw the records out for that one. And @ Mizz St. will be no walk in the park. They seem to be improved and it's still a road game. A lot of season left.

We've already lost to UNI so Northern is correct. It appears you're the one that needs to do the math

I'm not sure that we'll be in the play-offs yet. I am still predicting a 7-4 season. If 7-4 is good enough for the play-offs great. We could be 8-3 if we beat one of the following: Southern Illinois, Youngstown State, and Illinois State.

if this team gets to 8 wins with all of these kids playing, we have an unreal future.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.