Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Autobid Question

Default Re: MVFC Autobid Question

Quote Originally Posted by SDBisonbacker View Post
    Sorry the information was wrong. We were people from the Athletic Department Saturday night and that is what they told us.
    I thought it was regularly three teams as well, but I typed up a post about it last night and decided to doublecheck my facts just before I submitted it. I was pretty surprised by what I found. It turns out we get a very good percentage of our teams in the playoffs(30%), but we've also been in a slump lately. It was just coincidence that you posted your comment about 12 hours after I happened to look all the info up. No offense meant by my earlier post.

Why aren't u on the great west site asking this;? Or.is your man hump partner lennon your only vice for d1 fball

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    If you win the conference you get in, no matter what. The at large requires 7 D1 wins.

SIU has 0 D1 wins right now. They needs 7 and they only have 7 games left. If they lose 1 game they will be out of the at large contention. But if they go 6-1 or 5-2, they would have a chance to win the conference. I wouldn't count these guys out just yet. Anything can happen in conference play but they have some tough games ahead of them.

SDSU is in a little better shape than SIU. They are going to have to go 7-1 for any chance at an at large.

Illinois State is in a great position with 2 D1 wins and 2 conference wins. Most of their tough gmes are at home and the only tough road games they have are at Northern Iowa and Western Illinois.

Youngstown is in great shape with 3 D1 wins. Missouri State is still in the mix too. Tought to read them but they took Illinois State to double OT and lost.

The MVFC is completely wide open right now. As good as we're going right now we still have zero conference wins. We're in a good position for an at large bid. Realistically if we go 4-3 we could get in as an at large. I wold feel more comfortable going 5-2 with 8 D1 wins.

Northern Iowa is in great shape. If they go 6-2 they will get an at large bid.
    Okay, you've convinced me, we still could get 3 teams in. Maybe UNI, YSU and us? I just hope we don't get the wrong combination of wins and losses(SIU winning enough to mess up our records, but not enough to get a bid, etc.).

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    gotta have 7.
    Wrong, autobid is an autobid.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    If you win the conference you get in, no matter what. The at large requires 7 D1 wins.

SIU has 0 D1 wins right now. They needs 7 and they only have 7 games left. If they lose 1 game they will be out of the at large contention. But if they go 6-1 or 5-2, they would have a chance to win the conference. I wouldn't count these guys out just yet. Anything can happen in conference play but they have some tough games ahead of them.

SDSU is in a little better shape than SIU. They are going to have to go 7-1 for any chance at an at large.

Illinois State is in a great position with 2 D1 wins and 2 conference wins. Most of their tough gmes are at home and the only tough road games they have are at Northern Iowa and Western Illinois.

Youngstown is in great shape with 3 D1 wins. Missouri State is still in the mix too. Tought to read them but they took Illinois State to double OT and lost.

The MVFC is completely wide open right now. As good as we're going right now we still have zero conference wins. We're in a good position for an at large bid. Realistically if we go 4-3 we could get in as an at large. I wold feel more comfortable going 5-2 with 8 D1 wins.

Northern Iowa is in great shape. If they go 6-2 they will get an at large bid.

An at-large berth does not technically require 7 DI wins, but the teams do usually have 7 DI wins that are being considered. Here's the info for at-large berths from last year's FCS championship handbook:

At-large teams shall be selected by the Division I football committee, assisted by four
    regional advisory committees that serve in an advisory capacity only.
    The following principles shall apply when selecting at-large teams:
    1. The committee shall select the best teams available on a national at-large basis to
    complete the bracket;
    2. There is no limit to the number of teams the committee may select from one
    conference;
    3. The won-lost record of a team will be scrutinized to determine a team’s strength of
    schedule; however, less than seven Division I wins may place a team in jeopardy of
    not being selected;

4. The committee may give more consideration to those teams that have played all
    Division I opponents; and
    5. If the team of a committee member is under consideration, the member may not vote
    for the team being considered and will not be in the room when a vote is taken.
    6. For those conferences that qualify for automatic qualification but do not receive it,
    a guaranteed at-large position shall be awarded in any year in which its conference
    champion team meets all of the following conditions:
    a. Team wins a minimum of eight Division I games during the season;
    b. Team wins a minimum of two non-conference games against Division I teams
    representing a conference that has earned an automatic qualification in that year;
    and
    c. Team finishes the season ranked 16 or higher in an average of the last regularseason
    media, coaches and/or computer polls (which will be determined by the
    committee on an annual basis). For 2009, the media poll will be the Sports
    Network Poll, the coaches poll will be the FCS Coaches poll and the computer
    poll will be a variation of the Gridiron Power Index – using only the following.........
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Okay, you've convinced me, we still could get 3 teams in. Maybe UNI, YSU and us? I just hope we don't get the wrong combination of wins and losses(SIU winning enough to mess up our records, but not enough to get a bid, etc.).

The CAA might have seven in this year, taking away nearly everyone's chance at an at-large spot.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    The CAA might have seven in this year, taking away nearly everyone's chance at an at-large spot.
    You ain't kidding. The CAA is nasty this year. We can only hope their non-divisional format this season ends up knocking a few of them down.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    gotta have 7.
    edit: Looks like Bisonguy beat me to it!

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Why aren't u on the great west site asking this;? Or.is your man hump partner lennon your only vice for d1 fball
    I wasn't aware SIU moved to the Great West. Probably have to be an NDSU graduate to know that.

My bad.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

No, why is a UND fan trying to post crap about DALE LENNON on our website. your love affair is cute.