Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanford Health Athletic Complex

Default Re: Major Gift Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Sorry, but for a good sized and growing state school we are getting a weenie basketball arena. That same god damn low ceiling and likely something like 5500 seats (there will be a few hundred in suites). It will be bastard child architectually with all sorts of features in an undersize frame of a building. What a joke. I have to wonder if the HVAC will be fixed?
    Great announcement regarding the donation, but the facility is piss poor for a 15,000 student and growing DI state university in a nice sized city. Compared to the current BSA it will be nice, but then again polish a turd and you still got a turd.
    You gotta build what the University can afford. The State will not be opening up their wallets much, if at all for this, so it is totally up to the AD to raise the funds. It seems just fine to me.

Default Re: Sanford Arena????

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Did they say anything about other donors, or was today just for Sanford?
    Today was entirely about Sanford, unless something was said later in the press conference.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Today was entirely about Sanford, unless something was said later in the press conference.
    Hopefully they did it that way so they can give other donors their own press conference. Otherwise we have a long way to go.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think the plan is to start phase I when they have that money in hand. Same for the other two phases.
    I know this is totally unrealistic, but wouldn't it be nice if they could start working on the yellow phase yet this fall? Get the foundation laid before the ground freezes, then raise the steel and enclose it in early winter. No way to get the bidding done in time, but it's a nice thought. Realistically, I'd guess the yellow phase will start as soon as the ground thaws this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Hopefully they did it that way so they can give other donors their own press conference. Otherwise we have a long way to go.
    Press release later this week? Or maybe they will be announced at one of the other Homecoming events. Hall of Fame banquet would be a nice touch.

I think they have in the upper 20's committed of the $32 million.

533 In a row

Sorry, but for a good sized and growing state school we are getting a weenie basketball arena. That same god damn low ceiling and likely something like 5500 seats (there will be a few hundred in suites). It will be bastard child architectually with all sorts of features in an undersize frame of a building. What a joke. I have to wonder if the HVAC will be fixed?
    Great announcement regarding the donation, but the facility is piss poor for a 15,000 student and growing DI state university in a nice sized city. Compared to the current BSA it will be nice, but then again polish a turd and you still got a turd.
    Phew! I was worried that SD was going to be excited about this and have a heart attack!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdh701 View Post
    Phew! I was worried that SD was going to be excited about this and have a heart attack!!
    No, I just laughed because it is a joke. The place will show like shit on TV just like it does now. But we have pretty rows of seats. No this place was built so people with money in Fargo can have suites to watch the games in. If you think otherwise you are fooling yourselves. Wait until you see how small the plastic chairs will be to sit in. If you are over 180lbs good luck being comfortable because those 5500 seats will be crammed in. S oif basketball really blows up in Fargo good luck getting tickets becuase a new true basketball arena is 30 to 40 years away now.
    The new arena will be:
    Smaller than SDSU's
    Much smaller than UNI's
    Smaller than the current BSA

Default Re: Sanford Health Athletic Complex

I am combining all of today's posts and threads into one thread.

533 In a row

The new arena will be:
    Smaller than SDSU's
    Much smaller than UNI's
    Smaller than the current BSA
    New Yankee Stadium - North
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie