Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison offensive line looks to find form against South Dakota

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison offensive line looks to find form against South Dakota

It’s been a tough start for North Dakota State’s offensive line. A unit that has traditionally been a strength for the Bison unexpectedly finds itself in the glaring spotlight as a glaring weakness.

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=285

Default Re: Bison offensive line looks to find form against South Dakota

There will be growing pains with this combination but once they get into form they will be very good.

"In an attempt to find the right combination to unlock the struggling running game, last weekend, the Bison reshuffled the entire offensive line, with the exception of left tackle Michael Arndt. Austin Richard moved from center to left guard, Joe Lund moved from left guard to center, Paul Cornick moved from right tackle to right guard, and Billy Turner entered the line up at right tackle."

This a lot like moving the deck chairs on the Titanic. Everything is in a different place but its still the same pieces of furniture.

No question the OL is the weak link. I hope inexperience is the problem and not a lack of talent, but only time will tell I guess.

I found it interesting what Bohl said about the RBs:

"... the Bison running backs have to make a play when presented with the opportunity. “[O]ur running backs need to make some plays. They’ve got to get to the point where they’ve got a defender there and they’ve got to beat some people,” said Bohl."

Running backs? As in plural? As in more than one? DJ has had 40% of the carries, Sigers about 13% and Voit a meggar 6%. I'd say the probability is that there is only one guy not making the plays when needed and I don't think Voit is getting enough of a shot to contribute. Besides, DJ is horrible in pass protection when he stays in the pocket to help out.

I think that's another reason our o-line looks to be struggling. We don't have a Kyle Steffes, Tyler Roehl, or Pat Paschall. We have to remember that the last three all got a look at the pros. A inexperienced line and a so-so runningback do not make for a great combination!

I'd love to see Voigt get 50% of the carries just once. I don't understand why he or that Lang kid aren't more involved more.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    There will be growing pains with this combination but once they get into form they will be very good.
    Agreed (as long as they stay healthy.)

Quote Originally Posted by buffalobob View Post
    I think that's another reason our o-line looks to be struggling. We don't have a Kyle Steffes, Tyler Roehl, or Pat Paschall. We have to remember that the last three all got a look at the pros. A inexperienced line and a so-so runningback do not make for a great combination!
    Not jumping on you, buffalobob, but most Bisonville members were saying that RB would be just fine this year. You are right about Kyle, Tyer, and PP not being around anymore. If DJ doesn't get 100 yards against a suspect defense like USD, I hope Coach Bohl will be more willing to test the waters with his other options.

Oh, the O-line wasn't looking too bad when Jensen was opening up the field with his runs and his throwing ability.

Go Rams!! Prove 'em all wrong!

DJ gets 150+ 2tds.

Today is when we get out swagga back

The offensive line did good today.