Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TSN Picking Coyotes To Win

Default Re: TSN Picking Coyotes To Win

I like being underrated and having the media think one team will win. This just gives the herd some fuel for the fire!!

GO BISON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBryce View Post
    I like being underrated and having the media think one team will win. This just gives the herd some fuel for the fire!!

GO BISON!!!!
    Hey Bryce what time is it over in Sydney Austrailia? Did you get a good job down under? How are the Aussie chicks. Sexiest woman I ever saw in person was an Australian who gave a presention when I was visiting Seagate in Minneapolis on a work project. Her looks along with the Aussie accent........Oh yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha. idiots.

South Dakota at North Dakota State
    Sat 9/25 585 South Dakota +9 -115
    7:00PM 586 North Dakota State -9 -115

South Dakota State at Nebraska
    Sat 9/25 447 South Dakota State +44 -110 o56 -115
    7:00PM 448 Nebraska -44 -110 u56 -115

HA HA HA HA.

Holy shnikees...44 pt dogs. Ouch. If I were a betting man I'd take SDSU to beat the spread. I doubt NE will run it up that bad. I think they have a little more class than that.

SDSU +44
    USD +9

I would easily take those bets

Quote Originally Posted by Capn_Cat View Post
    NO. 21 SOUTH DAKOTA (2-1) AT NO. 18 NORTH DAKOTA STATE (2-1)

Kickoff: 7 p.m.

Series record: North Dakota State leads, 48-25-2

What to know: It is difficult to get a read on North Dakota State. Last year, the Bison finished the season with a 3-8 record. In the 2010 season opener, the team pulled off a surprising 6-3 win over Kansas of the FBS, but then lost a 16-9 contest to then-No. 13 Northern Iowa in Week 2. Last Saturday, the Bison handled Morgan State 35-9.

One thing is clear, the Bison defense is for real, allowing a paltry nine points per game. On offense, there is a big question: Who will start at quarterback? Redshirt freshman Brock Jensen staked a claim for the starting role, as he came off the bench in relief of concussed starter Jose Mohler to throw three touchdown passes in the win over Morgan State. Head coach Craig Bohl said he will not announce a starter until game time.

Regardless of who lines up at quarterback, the inexperienced offensive line should still suffer against the multiple fronts presented by South Dakota.
    In contrast, South Dakota knows who its quarterback is - Dante Warren. Warren has been outstanding this season, and has proven that he can beat an opponent with his arms or his legs. He should provide the stout Bison with a significant challenge on Saturday.
    Prediction: South Dakota, 28-20
    Glad to see it. It seems like a pretty fair analysis. It should be a great game.

How does UNI stack up for this weekend? I don't keep up with their board or schedule. What happened last weekend? All I saw was the score. Too bad...so sad.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

What to know: It is difficult to get a read on North Dakota State. Last year, the Bison finished the season with a 3-8 record. In the 2010 season opener, the team pulled off a surprising 6-3 win over Kansas of the FBS, but then lost a 16-9 contest to then-No. 13 Northern Iowa in Week 2. Last Saturday, the Bison handled Morgan State 35-9.

One thing is clear, the Bison defense is for real, allowing a paltry nine points per game. On offense, there is a big question: Who will start at quarterback? Redshirt freshman Brock Jensen staked a claim for the starting role, as he came off the bench in relief of concussed starter Jose Mohler to throw three touchdown passes in the win over Morgan State. Head coach Craig Bohl said he will not announce a starter until game time.

Regardless of who lines up at quarterback, the inexperienced offensive line should still suffer against the multiple fronts presented by South Dakota.
    In contrast, South Dakota knows who its quarterback is - Dante Warren. Warren has been outstanding this season, and has proven that he can beat an opponent with his arms or his legs. He should provide the stout Bison with a significant challenge on Saturday.
    I think it's a fair pick. At least he uses good reasoning.

MATCHUPS

Their offense vs. our defense. This is going to be a great matchup. No need to break it down. They make a lot of big plays and Dante Warren is a great duel threat QB. We don't give up many big plays on defense. We seemed to shut down the UNI QB's running threat after we adjusted but Warren is ten times the passer.
    Edge: Even

Their defense vs. our offense. Our offense has been inconsistant. Their defense has been inconsistant. Who will win the matchup? The Gophers and CFU could do whatever they wanted. The Gophers didn't punt. They scored 38 points, had 2 fumbles, and were stopped on 4th and 1 twice. They could have had chip shot field goals but their coach is stupid. But our offense isn't as good as the Gophers or CFU. If we play like we did in the 4th quarter last week we will win this match up. If we play lilke we did in the first half we will lose. Very close, too many "what if's?"

Special teams. Don't know much about USD special teams except their kicker has struggled real bad. I don't think they have much confidence in him. They allowed a kickoff return for a TD vs a D. Our special teams have had 2 great games and a crappy one.
    Edge Bison.

Intangibles: The game is bigger to South Dakota and they have less pressure. They will be confident.
    Edge South Dakota

It may boil down to the home crowd. If we can cause multiple off side and false start penalties we will have an edge. If we're loud we can make the Fargodome the loudest place they have ever played in. Get to the game early and make excessive noise!

Winner: Flip a coin and the winner will win by a 3 points.

Either way I'm fired up!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There are some that say at least TSN is using good reasoning.....

1. They state that one thing is clear, the Bison defense is for real. If that is true then why do they predict that the Bison will give up as many points as they have through three games combined?

2. Inexperienced offensive line will suffer against the multiple fronts of USD?!? They do know that USD is giving up 30 PPG right? That number was sitting at 38 PPG before saturday's contest against an NAIA school.

3. USD has the advantage because they know who their QB is going to be?!?
    I think that the QB from Kansas and UNI were pretty good QB's. NDSU does know who the QB is going to be...they just aren't telling TSN,USD or us.

4. TSN says we "pulled off a win" vs Kansas then lost to 13. UNI..as if losing to UNI by 7 at UNI is a huge black mark on NDSU's record. They continually bring up NDSU's 3-8 season, but neglect to state that USD lost to UNI by about 60 points last season.

5. So TSN thinks that NDSU will be held to 20 points in the FargoDome against a defense that gives up 30 PPG?!? That's only 6 more points than Northwestern Oklahoma State University scored at USD. They moved the ball on USD with the majority of their drives ending in turn overs. I would think that we would at least have a better offense than an NAIA school who also has a 56-13 loss to Colorado State University......wait for it....Peublo.

Bottom Line is this. If we shut down their QB and contain his running, this will be a long night for the Yotes. If we let USD hang in this game and get confidence, the game will be close. The Yotes have shown that they can be shut down on offense. The Bison D keeps getting better. If Willson is able to go this week the defense will be that much better.

NDSU 35 USD 20

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I think it's a fair pick. At least he uses good reasoning.

MATCHUPS

Their offense vs. our defense. This is going to be a great matchup. No need to break it down. They make a lot of big plays and Dante Warren is a great duel threat QB. We don't give up many big plays on defense. We seemed to shut down the UNI QB's running threat after we adjusted but Warren is ten times the passer.

Their defense vs. our offense. Our offense has been inconsistant. Their defense has been inconsistant. Who will win the matchup? The Gophers and CFU could do whatever they wanted. The Gophers didn't punt. They scored 38 points, had 2 fumbles, and were stopped on 4th and 1 twice. They could have had chip shot field goals but their coach is stupid. But our offense isn't as good as the Gophers or CFU. If we play like we did in the 4th quarter last week we will win this match up. If we play lilke we did in the first half we will lose. Very close, too many "what if's?"

Special teams. Don't know much about USD special teams except their kicker has struggled real bad. I don't think they have much confidence in him. They allowed a kickoff return for a TD vs a D. Our special teams have had 2 great games and a crappy one.
    Edge Bison.

Intangibles: The game is bigger to South Dakota and they have less pressure. They will be confident.
    Edge South Dakota

It may boil down to the home crowd. If we can cause multiple off side and false start penalties we will have an edge. If we're loud we can make the Fargodome the loudest place they have ever played in. Get to the game early and make excessive noise!

Winner: Flip a coin and the winner will win by a 3 points.

Either way I'm fired up!!
    I think the game is bigger for the Bison than for USD, we are playoff eligible, they aren't. More pressure on the Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    WTF is TSN and who cares.
    Pardon me, but it's this sort of crap that contributes to Bisonville's poor reputation which, unfortunately, taints all Herdspeople.

But, anyway, TSN is The Sports Network and it covers the FCS world better than any other media outlet on the planet.

Here is their FCS Page:
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...2/indexpic.htm

Notice that, if some of you weren't such idiots, you, too, might get one of your guys on the front page picture.

Cast off your ignorance and join the educated masses. For your own sake.

Cap'n Cat hath spoken. Long live Cap'n Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Holy shnikees...44 pt dogs. Ouch. If I were a betting man I'd take SDSU to beat the spread. I doubt NE will run it up that bad. I think they have a little more class than that.
    I really highly doubt they will be able to beat the spread. SDSU could very easily be shut out this game. Hell, Delaware held em to 3 points and they didn't score @ home against Illinois State until the 4th and the Pelini brothers are among the top few D coaches in the nation. Also SDSUs offense is in shambles - their QB is struggling and Minnett isn't getting consistent touches. Meanwhile Nebraska's starting QB from last year is now their 3rd stringer this year... Nobody on SDSU's team can even dream of catching NUs QB TMagic. I'll take the Huskers 66-10.

And I'll take our Bison 24-14. Minnesotas D is complete joke under Cosgrove (Ask Nebraska '04-'07) and with the way I've seen our D play this year and being at home, I think we should be ok.