Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    SDSU +44
    USD +9

I would easily take those bets
    hopefully you didn't take the USD bet
    "We All From Africa"

Default Re: TSN Picking Coyotes To Win

Quote Originally Posted by Capn_Cat View Post
    NO. 21 SOUTH DAKOTA (2-1) AT NO. 18 NORTH DAKOTA STATE (2-1)

Kickoff: 7 p.m.

Series record: North Dakota State leads, 48-25-2

What to know: It is difficult to get a read on North Dakota State. Last year, the Bison finished the season with a 3-8 record. In the 2010 season opener, the team pulled off a surprising 6-3 win over Kansas of the FBS, but then lost a 16-9 contest to then-No. 13 Northern Iowa in Week 2. Last Saturday, the Bison handled Morgan State 35-9.

One thing is clear, the Bison defense is for real, allowing a paltry nine points per game. On offense, there is a big question: Who will start at quarterback? Redshirt freshman Brock Jensen staked a claim for the starting role, as he came off the bench in relief of concussed starter Jose Mohler to throw three touchdown passes in the win over Morgan State. Head coach Craig Bohl said he will not announce a starter until game time.

Regardless of who lines up at quarterback, the inexperienced offensive line should still suffer against the multiple fronts presented by South Dakota.
    In contrast, South Dakota knows who its quarterback is - Dante Warren. Warren has been outstanding this season, and has proven that he can beat an opponent with his arms or his legs. He should provide the stout Bison with a significant challenge on Saturday.
    Prediction: South Dakota, 28-20
    Looks like they missed a little on this one. I'll admit that the Bison have been a bit of a mystery. Some of our weaknesses from the beginning of the year seem to be on the road to big improvement. If we stay healthy, we're going to be very tough as the season progresses. There's no lack of athleticism. Our QB is a redshirt freshman...but if early indications are accurate...the Missouri Valley will get to know the skills of Brock Jensen very well. He'll be one of the good ones. We've been staying with most teams during our first years in the conference with a glaring problem at QB.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Step up Capt. and eat some crow.

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Yep, a top 10 FBS team against a winless FCS team, it could get ugly. SDSU has looked terrible this season.

Thank God I have to work because it could be a massacre. Granted, the high school football game I'm covering might not be any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Well I guess I have to step up and eat some crow. I made it to this game and am glad I was able to see how this game developed rather than having to read/hear about it on various husker forums. It was somewhat hard to believe the final score and the lack of scoring by Nebraska, but SDSU played smart for the most part by taking the ball out of the hands of TOB and just running the ball - shortening the game a lot. I also haven't seen a Nebraska team so uninterested in a game under Pelini. Should be a good game between NDSU/SDSU again this year.