Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bison Ticket Exchange Links

Default Re: craigs list link for buyers and sellers

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don't understand this argument. What difference does it make if there are fees or not or who your money goes too? You're either willing to pay or you're not. If the guy on StubHub misses the market no one is going to buy his tickets. Same goes for the scalper in the parking lot. Who knows. They could be the same person.
    Any many times they are, at least of Twins games, etc. However, all thing being equal (same seats, price, etc), I MUCH rather pay the scalper than stub hub as I am sure he need the money more than MLB. Does that clear it up?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Any many times they are, at least of Twins games, etc. However, all thing being equal (same seats, price, etc), I MUCH rather pay the scalper than stub hub as I am sure he need the money more than MLB. Does that clear it up?
    MLB sells tickets on Stubhub?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Leagues and teams do not get money from ticket sales on the secondary market. Brokers make money but they are providing a service.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Leagues and teams do not get money from ticket sales on the secondary market. Brokers make money but they are providing a service.
    Indy, usually you are a spot on poster, but you are clearly wrong on this (I am speaking specifically on stubhub); they get a cut thus why I hate it:

http://futureinnumbers.quora.com/The...013-and-Beyond

Only teams that have "opted out" don't get a cut.

Indy, usually you are a spot on poster, but you are clearly wrong on this (I am speaking specifically on stubhub); they get a cut thus why I hate it:

There's no economic reason to be pissed about this. There isn't anything underhanded going on, all the fees are disclosed, and there are other places to get tickets. That said. There are companies that I don't do business with for non-economic reasons so if this gets your goat, by all means, vote with your dollar.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    There's no economic reason to be pissed about this. There isn't anything underhanded going on, all the fees are disclosed, and there are other places to get tickets. That said. There are companies that I don't do business with for non-economic reasons so if this gets your goat, by all means, vote with your dollar.
    Oh, come on, it is a free country, and I despise stubhub and that is the way it is, as I think they prey on the gullible and help generate more money for the MLB who already have a messed up monetary system. They should have sold those junk mortgages......

Oh, come on, it is a free country, and I despise stubhub and that is the way it is, as I think they prey on the gullible and help generate more money for the MLB who already have a messed up monetary system. They should have sold those junk mortgages......
    Yes, it's a free country. Maybe you stopped reading after the first line so here's the second half of my post again:

"There are companies that I don't do business with for non-economic reasons so if this gets your goat, by all means, vote with your dollar."

A bit hyperbolic with the junk mortgage comparison. Tickets are expensive but they aren't the single most significant financial transaction of a person's life and if buying them materially increases the leverage on your personal balance sheet you've got bigger problems than StubHub.

Personally, I think there's plenty that's screwed up about the fees that just about everyone in the ticket selling and reselling business extract from the process. But that's not specific to MLB or StubHub.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 12-12-2016 at 10:05 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks for sharing. I read up a little based on your post and it appears this fee is new in 2013. I'm not aware of any other league getting a cut. I did some searches and didn't find any similar articles. From what I read the fee is $1.50 per ticket which affects the high volume sellers a lot more than the buyers. It appears MLB may require someone to download an electronic ticket if they are selling through StubHub since I saw some discussions from sellers complaining they would rather send the actual ticket than having the buyer download it. At $1.50 each and the extra cost of the technology to do this I don't see this as a huge money maker for MLB. It's more about covering their costs.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I read up a little based on your post and it appears this fee is new in 2013. I'm not aware of any other league getting a cut. I did some searches and didn't find any similar articles. From what I read the fee is $1.50 per ticket which affects the high volume sellers a lot more than the buyers. It appears MLB may require someone to download an electronic ticket if they are selling through StubHub since I saw some discussions from sellers complaining they would rather send the actual ticket than having the buyer download it. At $1.50 each and the extra cost of the technology to do this I don't see this as a huge money maker for MLB. It's more about covering their costs.
    You also have to remember Stubhub is the "official" reseller for MLB. I have not looked it up, but I am sure "official" means a pretty hefty sponsorship fee being paid to MLB. I'd say they are making money just fine.

Default Re: Bison Ticket Exchange Links

Not sure where to post this, but scheduled myself to call ticket office on way home from work. Called in just before 5 and got answering machine, is could not buy my season tickets for this (CC) game. Wtf and what do I do know?!?!? I want my tickets!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.