Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Ticket Exchange Links

Default Re: craigs list link for buyers and sellers

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Isn't it weird that an apparent Bison season ticketholder has already posted many (or all) of their tickets (for all games) on stubhub. I was looking for a couple more tickets for friends... (googled it) & came accross the whole kittenkaboodle, same section & row on all of them... so must be from one ticketholder. No thanks... I don't want row GG for $129. plus $50 in fees!
    I'm not sure what's weird about it. Their job could have taken them out of town. They may have some kind of emergency that's going to preclude them from attending. They many not be in the area at all and the historic user of their seats may have fallen through. They may have just posted a "make me move" price. There are many reasons why someone would do this.

They're already not $129. This morning they were $110 and less depending on the game, and the fees aren't $50. If you don't like the price, don't pay it.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 07-18-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I'll never understand folks who criticize scalpers/season ticket holders who sell their seats for a profit. They are simply using supply/demand the very economic principles the nation was founded on. I sure don't like it as I did not get season tickets, but it sure as hell is the right of those who did get tickets.

This is also the reason I just plan on going to games without tickets secured even though I live in Sioux Falls. I know supply tends to loosen up within a week before the game and I have had not problems getting them for face last year and hope that luck continues. I also saw scalpers in the lot for the first time last year, and that should also help if I get in a real tough spot with no ticket while tailgating.

True story: the last two years at the national title game, you could have easily bought tickets outside the venue for reasonable prices, heck below face the first year, and did not check the prices this last year.

Default Re: Bison Ticket Exchange Links

I don't get it when people look at the most expensive "ask" on stubhub and try to say that's the price tickets are going for in the secondary market. That bleacherreport.com thing on the NDSU-K St. game did that. It's very common in stories about high demand concerts and what not and people just seem to parrot whatever number the hype machine puts out there.

Well that's not the market. That's the "ask". If there's no one willing to pay ("bid") that price, there is no market. Whatever price you see on StubHub is by definition an "ask" and therefore higher than the market clearing price a buyer is willing to pay. If it weren't, the tickets would have sold already.

It's just dumb to quote the highest price from these ticket exchange sites when even the lowest price is still more than the actual market clearing value.

And, yeah I know I've taken some liberties in service of my point because the markets are shallow and the tickets offered aren't perfectly interchangeable commodities.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don't get it when people look at the most expensive "ask" on stubhub and try to say that's the price tickets are going for in the secondary market. That bleacherreport.com thing on the NDSU-K St. game did that. It's very common in stories about high demand concerts and what not and people just seem to parrot whatever number the hype machine puts out there.

Well that's not the market. That's the "ask". If there's no one willing to pay ("bid") that price, there is no market. Whatever price you see on StubHub is by definition an "ask" and therefore higher than the market clearing price a buyer is willing to pay. If it weren't, the tickets would have sold already.

It's just dumb to quote the highest price from these ticket exchange sites when even the lowest price is still more than the actual market clearing value.

And, yeah I know I've taken some liberties in service of my point because the markets are shallow and the tickets offered aren't perfectly interchangeable commodities.
    Must spread rep prior to spreading again......I despise stubhub personally, and you just gave me another reason to hate them, ie spreading stupid rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Must spread rep prior to spreading again......I despise stubhub personally, and you just gave me another reason to hate them, ie spreading stupid rumors.
    I don't think Stubhub is the problem. People just don't understand how markets work. If there were some other site out there that published both the sellers "ask" and a prospective buyers "bid" then maybe you could argue that Stubhub was less transparent than their competitors, but I don't think anyone is doing that.

There are plenty of other reasons to dislike StubHub but, personally, I don't think its their fault that other people misuse or misinterpret information from their website. StubHub aren't the ones saying "Bieber tickets going for $10,000!" All they're saying is, here's what everyone is asking for their Bieber tickets.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 12-12-2016 at 10:01 PM.

I don't think Stubhub is the problem, really. People just don't understand how markets work. If there were some other site out there that published both the sellers "ask" and a prospective buyers "bid" then maybe you could argue that Stubhub was less transparent than their competitors, but I don't think anyone is doing that.
    I certainly agree with you, but we all know that is pretty advanced thinking. I more despise them that that have taken a gullible public, and helped MLB, NFL, etc. get paid twice for the same ticket. That really irritates me even though, as I stated, I believe in an open market. I think they should have a disclaimer that states, "By the way, baseball has already been paid once for this ticket and you are paying them again." I used to really like ebay for buying/selling tickets with the strong buyer protections, etc, but they siphoned off a lot of business from ebay. Thus, I am a scalper kind of guy, and I have come to love Bisonville for Bison tickets. I'd rather deal with an honest scalper than stubhub anyday.

I'm not sure what's weird about it. Their job could have taken them out of town. They may have some kind of emergency that's going to preclude them from attending. They many not be in the area at all and the historic user of their seats may have fallen through. They may have just posted a "make me move" price. There are many reasons why someone would do this.

They're already not $129. This morning they were $110 and less depending on the game, and the fees aren't $50. If you don't like the price, don't pay it.
    This would hold true for most but it is a little interesting that someone has 10 to 12 tickets to sell each game on Stub Hub. Section 28 row Y. That isn't a job falling through or moving that is just buying a commodity to sell on the secondary market. Not that there is anything wrong with it or precludes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    This would hold true for most but it is a little interesting that someone has 10 to 12 tickets to sell each game on Stub Hub. Section 28 row Y. That isn't a job falling through or moving that is just buying a commodity to sell on the secondary market. Not that there is anything wrong with it or precludes it.
    Could be. I guess I discounted that possibility because I saw next to no tickets on StubHub the couple of times I checked last last year and assumed that given the extremely low turnover in the season ticket base this summer, that the outlay to secure those tickets would have been prohibitive. But, the seller may have been doing this for a number of years through StubHub or other means or I may be over estimating / misunderstanding how much a person would have had to shell out in order to get those seats over the summer. And I completely agree. So what if someone did that. NDSU get's their money and whoever bought the tickets for resale takes the risk.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 12-12-2016 at 10:03 PM.

$129. is for one game Sect. 30 Row GG. You needed to click on the $110 tickets & you would see that there are more for $129. The range is approx. $68-$129.ea. As BisonFANatic mentioned re: 10-12 tickets for that many games, I would agree that neither a job nor emergency would take you out of town for 6 home games. The fees would actually be approx. $62. if purchasing 4 tickets ($50. service fee plus $12 shipping = $62.) Of course the service fee is less if you purchase fewer tickets, approx. $25.+ $12. for two tickets. There are so many Bison fans & Teammakers who would love to have tickets, but don't want to pay high service fees, & 3-5 times the face value, in order to get them. I agree... I'd rather have an honest scalper!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    There are so many Bison fans & Teammakers who would love to have tickets, but don't want to pay high service fees, & 3-5 times the face value, in order to get them. I agree... I'd rather have an honest scalper!
    I don't understand this argument. What difference does it make if there are fees or not or who your money goes too? You're either willing to pay or you're not. If the guy on StubHub misses the market no one is going to buy his tickets. Same goes for the scalper in the parking lot. Who knows. They could be the same person.