Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating rules from other Universities.

Default Re: Tailgating rules from other Universities.

Quote Originally Posted by fargo_is_my_home View Post
    My point was it goes on (although not very much) yet he did not even mention it or it was editted out. NDSU had made it's stance pretty clear, Saturdays are about the game and not the tailgate. The fans don't see it that way that tailgate though.

I would have to agree with the fans. For the ones who tailgate, it is about the tailgate and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is NDSU's statement that it is not about the tailgate. IF that were true, you would have to show your ticket to even enter the tailgate area.
    Bull crap in bold. There would be no tailgating without the game.

But just out of curiosity, what is it that you want?

If it's a policy that forces everybody to have a ticket in order to tailgate, then you won't get any support from me. And, for once, I'd like the people who constantly rag on NDSU to take their lobbying efforts to the state level so that any policy they suggest for NDSU gets applied to every other college in the state rather than just NDSU. And while you're at it, make sure you ask for a statewide ban on alcohol sales at all ND college athletic events.

Tailgating is the social part of going to a game and having friends and family there who may not go to the game contributes greatly to the family atmosphere.

Nice That's the best you have to bring to the table?
    That's what she said!!!!!!!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

If it's a policy that forces everybody to have a ticket in order to tailgate, then you won't get any support from me. And, for once, I'd like the people who constantly rag on NDSU to take their lobbying efforts to the state level so that any policy they suggest for NDSU gets applied to every other college in the state rather than just NDSU. And while you're at it, make sure you ask for a statewide ban on alcohol sales at all ND college athletic events.

Tailgating is the social part of going to a game and having friends and family there who may not go to the game contributes greatly to the family atmosphere.
    Great post Tony! Rep to you!

HUZZAH!!!

Spot on Tony. The bolded part especially, although you know damn well that there would be an exception made, or at least a perpetuation of the existing double standard.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Damn straight......Geez......

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My point was it goes on (although not very much) yet he did not even mention it or it was editted out. NDSU had made it's stance pretty clear, Saturdays are about the game and not the tailgate. The fans don't see it that way that tailgate though.

I would have to agree with the fans. For the ones who tailgate, it is about the tailgate and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is NDSU's statement that it is not about the tailgate. IF that were true, you would have to show your ticket to even enter the tailgate area.
    I doubt NDSU has made that stance. Encouraging tailgating only increases game-day participation. And its the overall game-day experience, including or perhaps especially tailgating, that will keep selling season tickets after 3-8 seasons*. Plenty of examples of that in FBS schools. The best possible outcome for NDSU is a sold-out FargoDome surrounded by parking lots full of people who WISH they could have gotten a ticket. And those people are all wearing NDSU-liscensed apparel and buying food and goodies from vendors who paid NDSU for the right to sell on-site.

*not that we need to have any more of those...

I'm sure for some fans it is about the tailgate, I won't deny that. But for most I would say it's about the game. Just go look at some of those buses and rigs, how dare you question their Bison pride. Which is how you are coming off in this post. And even if some are more about the tailgate than the gane, I say who cares. We're still close to selling out most games. I also guarantee you that tailgating brings people into the game that wouldnt attend otherwise.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 10-13-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Moving some posts here to the Adventures of Lakesbison.

Sorry, just wanted to show the history of the dead rainforest, sniff.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    I'm sure for some fans it is about the tailgate, I won't deny that. But for most I would say it's about the game. Just go look at some of those buses and rigs, how dare you question their Bison pride. Which is how you are coming off in this post. And even if some are more about the tailgate than the gane, I say who cares. We're still close to selling out most games. I also guarantee you that tailgating brings people into the game that wouldnt attend otherwise.
    You could also make the point that due to tailgating the dome is very dead before the game when the team runs out of the tunnel and that carries over into the first few minutes of the game. Which more often then not leads to us being down 7-0 after the first drive. But then again I've heard that fans don't make a difference in the game, so it doesn't matter.