Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgate rig updates

Default Tailgate rig updates

Well, with the season less than two weeks away(can you believe it??), HandoEX, Gilley, another buddy and myself decided we better get cracking on the bus we've had stashed away since last season.

Apparently a couple of bums/stoner kids have been living and/or playing in the bus. If anyone is in need of aids or hepatitis, I'll give you the address. It was spray painted 420 in a couple of places and a few broken windows too lol

Anyway, we took a scope of things. Figured out what we want to do with the layout, etc. We headed out to MAC's hardware and Walmart. It was a small start but here is what we ended up doing in about an hour tonight:

One side is completely painted and most of the other side is done as well. Not bad for $30 .The plan is to paint it black on the bottom to the top black strip, green on the top, and the front/hood in an NDSU yellow. On the black, we plan on adding stickers and whatever else we pick up along the way - plus, we've kicked around the idea of painting it with the chalkboard paint so the messages on it can change.

I will likely keep updating this as we do more work if anyone is interested.

Thinking of naming her "Frisco Cruiser".
    Last edited by EndZoneQB; 08-24-2011 at 04:53 AM.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tailgate rig updates

Very nice! It will be a great addition to the tailgate lot!

But if you went to fleet farm, you could damn near build a tailgate rig, and you wouldn't have to shop at evil walmart!

North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ndsustudent89 View Post
    Very nice! It will be a great addition to the tailgate lot!

But if you went to fleet farm, you could damn near build a tailgate rig, and you wouldn't have to shop at evil walmart!

We just went for the 97cent spray paint to be honest lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

It's already going to be the nicest rig in the west lot!

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Well, with the season less than two weeks away(can you believe it??), HandoEX, Gilley, another buddy and myself decided we better get cracking on the bus we've had stashed away since last season.

Apparently a couple of bums/stoner kids have been living and/or playing in the bus. If anyone is in need of aids or hepatitis, I'll give you the address. It was spray painted 420 in a couple of places and a few broken windows too lol

Anyway, we took a scope of things. Figured out what we want to do with the layout, etc. We headed out to MAC's hardware and Walmart. It was a small start but here is what we ended up doing in about an hour tonight:

One side is completely painted and most of the other side is done as well. Not bad for $30 .The plan is to paint it black on the bottom to the top black strip, green on the top, and the front/hood in an NDSU yellow. On the black, we plan on adding stickers and whatever else we pick up along the way - plus, we've kicked around the idea of painting it with the chalkboard paint so the messages on it can change.

I will likely keep updating this as we do more work if anyone is interested.

Thinking of naming her "Frisco Cruiser".
    This reminds me of the movie "The Other Guys" when Will Ferrel's character has his Prius stolen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1j4mK6cs_A
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

What do you guys think the chances that Mac's called the police. Probably went something like this:

Ya we just had these two hooligan looking guys in here and they bought cases of cans of spray paint. There were some ramblings about tagging a bus but we are sure they were some sort of gangbangers up to no good. They kept referencing some tailgaiting thing and then they would just blurt out GO BISON like it was some sort of gang greeting. Then there was the one guy running through the store saying something about painting this town Green and Yellow. We just thought you might want to put them on The Fargo Terrorist watch list or something.

If you notice any squares of darker paint it was Endzone drawing boxes and filling them in

But also we were wondering where most people store their bus during off weeks and winter. If there is a storage place or something that a couple of the bison guys go to or if everyone just has extra room around their house for theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilley View Post
    If you notice any squares of darker paint it was Endzone drawing boxes and filling them in

But also we were wondering where most people store their bus during off weeks and winter. If there is a storage place or something that a couple of the bison guys go to or if everyone just has extra room around their house for theirs.
    Dude, f*ck off. At least my paint covered something. I went back over your "paint job" and it had yellow showing through all over.

It's ugly, but we'll touch it up lol
    check neg rep

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Heres something you have to do thats often overlooked on a school bus conversion that can get you stopped by flashing lights. The red lenses on the front top of the bus have to go away, if your lucky, they will interchange with the ones on the rear, if u look at the battlewagon theres amber on the front and red on the back, we got lucky, most will interchange. Anything that says school bus has to go away. Theres the two most noteables to get you stopped. If you really want to know what else you have to do, you can pm me and ill fill you in. Awesome to see another new rig !!!!
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    Heres something you have to do thats often overlooked on a school bus conversion that can get you stopped by flashing lights. The red lenses on the front top of the bus have to go away, if your lucky, they will interchange with the ones on the rear, if u look at the battlewagon theres amber on the front and red on the back, we got lucky, most will interchange. Anything that says school bus has to go away. Theres the two most noteables to get you stopped. If you really want to know what else you have to do, you can pm me and ill fill you in. Awesome to see another new rig !!!!
    Good call. There is only one light on the front to begin with, and everything with "school" "independent school district..." "____ bus service" will be gone(or is already gone/partially painted).

I'm sure we will discuss a few things with you as we make more progress. The inside needs some work yet
    check neg rep