Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bohl too slow to make a change?

Default Is Bohl too slow to make a change?

I did not see the Morgan State game live, had to watch the video after the fact (I was too busy watching WYO get raped by Boise State). But, the thought that occurs to me is that perhaps Bohl is to resistant to changing the plan when things are not working. Clearly his hand was forced putting Jensen in due to the injury to Jose.

This possible resistance to change the game plan when what is being tried is failing bothers me. It took far to long to bench Mertens when things were heading in a bad direction during the past two seasons. Last year, by the time Mertens was benched, the season was already lost.

This year Bohl's hand was forced to make a QB change when an injury occured. I just can't help but wonder how long the change may have taken if there was no injury. The Bison can't sit mired in mediocrity. When things appear to not be working, I hope the staff will make changes rather than continuing with business as usual.

I surely wish Jose all the best and hope that he is healed and healthy soon!

Default Re: Is Bohl to slow to make a change?

Don't forget how Bohl didn't put Walker in as starting QB the week following his almost miracle rescue of the northern colorado game.

533 In a row

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is Bohl too slow to make a change?

I don't think it is a given that Jensen is the QB once Jose is healthy. If Jose is still sitting this week due to injury and Brock has a poor showing, what would YOU do?

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I don't think it is a given that Jensen is the QB once Jose is healthy. If Jose is still sitting this week due to injury and Brock has a poor showing, what would YOU do?
    Pop quiz hot shot. What do you do!?

Shoot the hostage.

And you put in Dante Perez and begin preparing for the 2011 season.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I did not see the Morgan State game live, had to watch the video after the fact (I was too busy watching WYO get raped by Boise State). But, the thought that occurs to me is that perhaps Bohl is to resistant to changing the plan when things are not working. Clearly his hand was forced putting Jensen in due to the injury to Jose.

This possible resistance to change the game plan when what is being tried is failing bothers me. It took far to long to bench Mertens when things were heading in a bad direction during the past two seasons. Last year, by the time Mertens was benched, the season was already lost.

This year Bohl's hand was forced to make a QB change when an injury occured. I just can't help but wonder how long the change may have taken if there was no injury. The Bison can't sit mired in mediocrity. When things appear to not be working, I hope the staff will make changes rather than continuing with business as usual.

He said that he planned on playing Brock anyway. I think the difference this time is simple. Stauss and Mertens were the absolute crystal clear #1 QB's on the team, having started for over a year. Jose was the late fill in starter last year only after the season was lost and he barely beat out Brock this year. He's never been the clear #1 guy, even as late as 2 weeks before the season started. I think he keeps Brock as the starter with a short leash. At any time, he can go back to Jose. But the consensus is everyone wants Brock to start because he's got the potential to be a 3-1/2 year starter, which is HUGE!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I agree that he does take to long but I thought I read in Sundays paper or heard on the radio that he said Jenson was going to get playing time anyway against Morgan. Now I guess that could have been as much as Perez was able to get but it sounded like Jenson was going to get a look.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    If the offense plays like it did in the 2nd half there is no chance he loses the spot but if it sputters, a decision would have to be made. It all depends on what he struggles with. I think both guys are solid but I like the idea of a 4 year starter. It will pay dividends down the road.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Since you mentioned it...Why isn't Voigtlander getting any carries? I like McNorton, but I never thought MV would be a guy that wouldn't see the ball. Anybody have any insight to why he isn't playing more?

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post

Give Bohl a break!

With the lack of QB recruiting throughout most of his tenure at NDSU he has not had any experience thinking about putting another QB in the game because he has never had one before to even consider. Come on, the guy is adjusting to new experiences, give him some time

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I agree that he does take to long but I thought I read in Sundays paper or heard on the radio that he said Jenson was going to get playing time anyway against Morgan. Now I guess that could have been as much as Perez was able to get but it sounded like Jenson was going to get a look.
    Jensen. JENSEN. JENSEN. JENSEN!!! With an 'e', get it? I think it behooves all of us to spell the players names correctly, it ain't that hard to show respect