Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: South Dakota Predictions

Default Re: South Dakota Predictions

Yesterday when I was reading Stewart Mandel's Mailbag I was struck by his answer to a question concerning the Texas Longhorns. As I read his answer about the team, I kept thinking he was talking about the NDSU Bison.

When commenting about the Texas offense, Mandel had this to say:

I do believe Gilbert will only get better as the season progresses, but I don't have much faith in that running game. The Longhorns' offensive line simply is not physical enough and none of the tailbacks are elite difference-makers. Gilbert will have to do a better job of avoiding mistakes, and the defense will have to be flat-out dominant, for Texas to make it through that stretch unscathed.

Sounds familiar to me and I have to say that I think the only way the Bison will win more than the five games I predicted before the season began is if the defense is "flat-out dominant". Guess we'll get a clue about that on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I'm running the numbers and I just don't see NDSU scoring just 16 points against this USD defense. The U of M left about 21 points on the field when they played USD and still scored 38. Central Florida pummeled USD and I would say that Kansas is a better team than Central Florida. Even NWOS scored 14 against USD and it should be noted that they moved the ball on USD and their quarterback threw 5 interceptions in this game; 2 around mid field and three DEEP in USD territory (2 of them in the end zone). This game between NWOS easily could have been 48-28 or closer. Again, temper this 48 points with the knowledge that NWOS already has a 55-13 loss to division II Colorado State University-Pueblo. I have never even heard of CSUP before researching NWOS. The only thing that comes out of Pueblo Colorado are government information pamphlets. I know I'm talking a little smack here, but I have absolutely no respect for the USD defense. USD has never played well in Fargo and to say that they are going to come in with that shitty defense and hold NDSU at home to 16 points has no basis in reality. I don't care how bad everyone thinks that NDSU's offense is doing. Two road games to start the season against an FCS powerhouse and a Big 12 team to break in a young offense is not a great measuring stick on how they are going to be playing 4 games into the season. But, I will say that it does make the Bison defensive numbers all that more impressive because they put up these numbers in spite of the poor offensive performances. And, they did it on the road against very good competition.

Again,
    NDSU 35 USD 20
    Kansas couldn't carry central Floridas jock. I guaranty it. Southern Miss piss pounded Kansas and I bet that UCF will beat So. Miss by 14.

Our defense is suspect, but when is the last time we played in fargo? When our kids we in junior high, maybe grade school? They know nothing of this previous rivalry.

I for one am not bragging or gloating about our team. I think we are a decent team, I think we will play with you, and I do think there is a chance we can beat you. However, I am not foolish enough to think we fully understand what the "day in...day out" rigors of FCS football is all about YET. In time, we will learn. I came to that realization when UNI pummeled us last year.

Saying the U of M left 21 on the field is preposterous. They are not going to score every time they touch the ball. Regarding the Central Florida game, our head coach, by design, but the brakes and handcuffs on our offense and managed the clock to avoid a blowout and take the guaranty check home with us. I was there, and we would not beat Central Florida, but neither would you.

I am a realist, and I give us about a 30% chance of winning. I do think we are better than you think we are though. Warren will baffle you unless he tries to get too cute, then he might get smacked in the open field. His one weakness is he carries the ball like a loaf of bread. That someday will come back to hurt him. I just hope it isn't Saturday.

See you in fargo.............play hard

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    Again, temper this 48 points with the knowledge that NWOS already has a 55-13 loss to division II Colorado State University-Pueblo. I have never even heard of CSUP before researching NWOS.
    You've never heard of them? I think I have. I think thought a saw a video about the college life at CSUP. I think it was call, 2 Girls, 1 CSUP.

/weak, I know.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by yoteforever View Post
    Kansas couldn't carry central Floridas jock. I guaranty it. Southern Miss piss pounded Kansas and I bet that UCF will beat So. Miss by 14.

Our defense is suspect, but when is the last time we played in fargo? When our kids we in junior high, maybe grade school? They know nothing of this previous rivalry.

I for one am not bragging or gloating about our team. I think we are a decent team, I think we will play with you, and I do think there is a chance we can beat you. However, I am not foolish enough to think we fully understand what the "day in...day out" rigors of FCS football is all about YET. In time, we will learn. I came to that realization when UNI pummeled us last year.

Saying the U of M left 21 on the field is preposterous. They are not going to score every time they touch the ball. Regarding the Central Florida game, our head coach, by design, but the brakes and handcuffs on our offense and managed the clock to avoid a blowout and take the guaranty check home with us. I was there, and we would not beat Central Florida, but neither would you.

I am a realist, and I give us about a 30% chance of winning. I do think we are better than you think we are though. Warren will baffle you unless he tries to get too cute, then he might get smacked in the open field. His one weakness is he carries the ball like a loaf of bread. That someday will come back to hurt him. I just hope it isn't Saturday.

Southern Miss isnt a bad squad. I will take your bet on that UCF-USM game

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison 26
    The Tolerable UxD 9
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison - 31
    Coyotes - 13

We'll let them score 1 touchdown but out D will be tough again in the red zone. Running game will finally get going and the QB, no matter which one starts, will be named player of the game.

This needs to be a statement game. USD needs to come back down to earth Hindenburg style.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by yoteforever View Post

After reading your well thought out rebuttal...I am amending my 35-20 prediction.

BTW losing by 31 points is a blow out, dumb ass.

NDSU 37 USD 20
    Last edited by Scooter1; 09-23-2010 at 10:11 PM.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison101 View Post
    Bison 35
    USD 7

No joke. I seriously believe this. The D is that good.
    This might be getting ahead of ourselves a bit. The D is, not surprisingly, very good this year but it is not what I would consider championship caliber yet.

I don't know what the score will be, but I do know there's a 100% chance of THUNDER!!!:

Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Not sure who determines it, but heard on Barrerio's show today that the Bison are favored by 10.