Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thoughts...

Default Game thoughts...

Defense was great again. Due to some horrible offense in the 1st quarter they were on the field way too much. We lost the TOP by 15 minutes.

Special teams were outstanding, except for the missed field goal.

Offense started out slow but finished strong against a good defense. The offensive stats? I don't put much stock into them because we were working with a great short field due to great returns from Ryan Smith, phenomenal punting, ridiculous penalties on Morgan State, and a short field on a pick.

I was very excited about Jensen. Early on he struggled but that is to be expected since it was his first game and was probably shocked to be playing. But once he settled in, he looked great! He was decisive whether to run or pass. He's got a rocket. Great running threat. But more importantly, he is better at throwing downfield. He didn't take many hits because he got rid of the ball quickly. Give this kid some time to prepare and he could be very good.

Running game? Weak in the fist half. Can't give all the blame to the o line. Not impressed with Vigens calls and DJ seemed to dance too much. Really picked it up in the 2nd half. A few of his runs were tremendous.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Game thoughts...

All i have to say is this.

I hope that this was exactly the oil in the machine our team needed.

At the end of the game we looked like a whole new animal.

I hope we can build on this in practice and take the yotes to the woodshed.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Where is Voit? Beginning the season Craiger said we would go two deep at RB... DJ and Voit... very few others would see carries. Voit is non-existent... Sigers is now our #2. What happened?

Gotta beat Usd by 20+ no ifs and or buts

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    All i have to say is this.

I hope that this was exactly the oil in the machine our team needed.

At the end of the game we looked like a whole new animal.

I hope we can build on this in practice and take the yotes to the woodshed.

THIS

USD will be confident....Bison better be ready!!

GO BISON

What Bisoninnwmn said.

I don't think DJ is the answer to the tailback position. We need somebody the other team has to respect. DJ just doesnt seem to hit the hole hard enough. I just don't think he's it though.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, offensively we have one good qtr. under our belt. Lets hope the push the O line was getting in the 4th qtr. is a sign of good things to come. I am thinking we may have to be a throw to set up the run kind of team?

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    I don't think DJ is the answer to the tailback position. We need somebody the other team has to respect. DJ just doesnt seem to hit the hole hard enough. I just don't think he's it though.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

It opened up for him in the 2nd half but I think it was because the passing game was better.

DJ dropped passes, dances too much, got stripped of the ball and doesn't hit the hole. Were was Voit? Wish the coaches would give him a chance.

Morgan had 9-10 in the box at times......passing game needs to be there for us to win.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We thought the 1st half stunk except for the last 1:22 when we got the TD on the fade to Holloway... The second half started slow but Jensen got comfy and then our O took off which was great to see, best offensive half in quite some time (2 yrs?).

How is Mohler's health? Saw him on the big screen and it didnt look good... Yes maybe more reps for Voit at RB would help in the early part of the game too... The D was good again- great job BISON!!!!
    Let's Go Bison!!!