Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game thoughts...

Default Re: Game thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Not to mention, I'd like to see Voight get more carriers. Remember some of the electric plays he had in the past? Guess we don't need them, handing the ball of to DJ and watching him dance and get tackled for no gain is much better.
    Has any RB done anything? Sigers? Voigtlander? Nope, the running game can't do anything with as much penetration as the defense is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Gotta beat Usd by 20+ no ifs and or buts
    Expecting to beat a ranked team by 3 TDs is not a realist goal. Winning by 1 point is the goal.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I agree that Smith looked awesome returning punts. Why not give him a shot at carrying the ball more? DJ just dances too much and Voigt runs right into the line everytime i remember him having the ball. It is clear that Smith has some serious burst of speed. We just need a changeup back there once in a while.
    ROCKY HAGER should still be the coach

I will speculate that the staff doesn't think Smith would hold up since he is a buck sixty six. Pretty light for an FCS RB imho.

Smith is much more valuable as a returner than a 3rd string running back. In time he will be back there but he is only a freshman and like he said. He is just starting to see the field. Huge step up in speed of the game and what he needs to do. I wouldn't doubt to see a few carries from him sometime this year but not many.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I will speculate that the staff doesn't think Smith would hold up since he is a buck sixty six. Pretty light for an FCS RB imho.
    He's the same size as Sigers but Sigers has a year of learning the offense so he's got to be ahead of Smith.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The offensive line is pathetic.

I don't see what all of you see in BillyTurner, yes I know he is you and has great upside, but he got burned bad in pass blocking the last two games and he is a lousy run blocker. If he is the best Bohl can put out there then Bohl has really done a lousy job of recruiting and we are in for a long, long season

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    The offensive line is pathetic.

I don't see what all of you see in BillyTurner, yes I know he is you and has great upside, but he got burned bad in pass blocking the last two games and he is a lousy run blocker. If he is the best Bohl can put out there then Bohl has really done a lousy job of recruiting and we are in for a long, long season

What game were you watching????

He made a few mistakes but overall he did a good job for his 1st college start. He has the size and his footwork was pretty good. Give this line combination alittle more time before passing judgement.

GO BISON

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    What game were you watching????

He made a few mistakes but overall he did a good job for his 1st college start. He has the size and his footwork was pretty good. Give this line combination alittle more time before passing judgement.

GO BISON
    OldBison is just looking for opportunities to rag on Bohl at this point, he'll even target a starting true freshman. It's unfortunate but hey, it's a message board, everyone has their opinions. Personally I think Turner has a ton of potential and while he hasn't been terrific he hasn't done all that badly.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Hambone is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You guys might not care about my thoughts, but I'll give them anyway since I caught the entire game online. These are just honest observations, no bias in them, so take them for what they're worth.

1. The Morgan State offense is pretty sad, with the exception of the RB transfer from Rutgers. That QB was one of the worst throwing the ball that I think I've seen at the college level.
    2. Morgan States defense seemed to play well, but really got gassed at the end. Even though the Bison ended up winning by a comfortable margin, they still only were able to muster about 250 yards of offense which should not happen against a team like Morgan State. Of course, when you have a short field to work with a lot of the game, and are helped by some penalties, you don't need many yards to score (although the lack of yards in the first half was pretty shocking).
    3. Those of you happy with the defensive performance, know that DII Bowie State only gave up 150 yards to the Bears, yet the Bison gave up over 200. That's kind of a head scratcher to me. (NOTE: I'm not saying the defense is bad, but it gives you something to think about)
    4. Ryan Smith is a fun guy to watch - his impact as a returner reminds me of someone else from ND who did the same thing at another school as a true freshman That last punt return was really a thing of beauty.
    5. I felt that Brock did look better than Jose, but he did have some trouble with accuracy on the deep ball. Personally, I would give Brock the ball against USD.
    6. Even though the Bison played terrible for the first half to three quarters, that last quarter could give them something to build on for the rest of the season.
    7. Saw a lot of empty seats at the game - announced attendance was over 17k, but seemed like there were more than 2k empty seats......

All in all, good to get a few scores and a W, but I think there are still a lot of questions that need to be answered for the rest of the year....
    University of North Dakota *THIS SPACE FOR RENT*