Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: jose should start, its freakin morgan st, RELAX

Default Re: jose should start, its freakin morgan st, RELAX

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Get Jose in!! #2 qb from.san Diego vs #5 qb from Wisconsin..cmon...
    Ok, why did you want the #? from MN to keep starting over the #2 QB from San Diego the last couple years? Jose will be lucky to be back in the next three weeks imho. He got drilled pretty hard.

With Brock in there at least there was some semblance of an offense rather than constant jail break chaos. A guy could actually see the play develop.
    Last edited by westnodak93bison; 09-19-2010 at 09:37 PM.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is Bohl one of those who might subscribe to the notion that a player does not lose his starting position due to injury?

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    Is Bohl one of those who might subscribe to the notion that a player does not lose his starting position due to injury?
    Bohl pretty much subscribes to the notion that no player loses his starting position until the seasons over. Not trying to be a dick, but look at his track record - it doesn't bode well. You need to go with the hot hand. If Jensen cools off next week, ok I can support either decision.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Take it easy on Lakes, he's going through a tough time since he came to the stark realization he is 0-2 in talking up Bison QBs:

Relax fellas, Mertens in 2008-2009, Mohler in 2010-2012.

And by the way Lakes, you must be math challenged saying on this thread Jensen can start when he is a junior. If he is a freshman now, by the time your man Mohler is finished in 2012 Jensen won't get to play until 2013, when he is a senior. Not sure the BisonNation can wait that long.

Hang in there buddy, you'll get it right on QBs someday

I'm guessing that if Jose can play he will start cause he is Bohls guy. Brock proved that he can make the offense go. Jose has not. No brainer in my book.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    He rolled out and got absolutely crushed by a linebacker. The throw was complete for a first down to Mack. It was one of the harder shots I've seen a QB take in awhile.

He stayed down for awhile, then got up and didn't look solid on his feet. The sideline reporter said he was hazy and he had a pretty decent cut below his ear.
    On this very play he missed a wide open Warren Holloway. Should have been six I don't think Jose saw Warren.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The cut was really on his jaw.

I'm down for Jensen! It was said on a post in different thread last week that NDSU needs a big, rangy, athletic QB (I said it btw)--and look what happened! Also, if I recall correctly (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong) Walker was not an outstanding practice player. Hmmm??? Jose will make a good back-up (think, "has experience") for both NDSU and Detroit Lakes!

I think Lakes' argument works against itself. He said it is only Morgan St, so people should not get excited about a good performance by Jensen. Okay...let that be used in the court, but then we also have to enter the evidence that Jose could not perform against "only Morgan St" which could then lead us to believe Jensen might not be the savior...but Jose definitely isn't. Jose has had 2 full games and part of another and he has had time to prove himself. Jensen did what Mohler didn't. I would think the starting spot is Jensen's to lose now...at least it should be. I am sharpening my pitchfork just in case though.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jensen should be the QB going forward this year. His physical skills and decision making are better than Jose's. I believe that the only reason Jose won the job is because of experience, and Bohl didn't want to make Jensen's first 2 games @Kansas and @UNI. Remember that it was dead even between the 2 of them since the spring. With a solid performance, and of course a victory against USD, Jensen can confirm his starting role.