Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Illinois State - seating?

Default Re: Illinois State - seating?

Ok. Got tired of sitting around waiting for the KS vs KS State game so we are heading to Normal tonight. Should be a nice night for a trip.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Those of you making the trip are welcome to stop by. Myself and a couple other NDSU grads, along with some coworkers will be there.

The rummy bears are soaking in the fridge!!

We be here. So Chuckles what ya going to have to eat????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Chuckles - and anyone else who is coming, all tailgate lots should still be open at 7AM, and I'm pretty sure you can party at will from 7AM on (in the tailgate lots, of course you can party elsewhere before then ).

I think the 3 hour point on the link is from an outdated tailgating policy. On weeknights, ISU does not allow tailgating until 3 hours before gametime as to not interfere with classes etc (I think this is stupid). You should be all good starting at 7AM though.

As for lot preference, you might have an easier time getting a good spot in G-83, but I tend to prefer G-73, as it is closer to the east side of the stadium and campus underpass (you will see what I mean tomorrow) and there is a band on the south end of G-73 usually about 2 hours before kickoff, which is kind of cool. But again, if you know people who will be bringing RVs and buses, they will likely be directed to G-83, so if you want to be by them, maybe that is your lot. G-83 is also slightly easier to get out of right after the game.

Just my experience though. I am currently carless in Chicago, so I will be Amtraking it down there and will be mooching off of other tailgaters from about 10AM til kickoff.

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We be here. So Chuckles what ya going to have to eat????
    On teh menu for tomorrow is grilled pork loin and squash, along with various contributions from my coworkers! I didn't even think to grill up some sausage, the bar has been set too high.

Thanks again Redbird for the info. We're going to plan on lot G-83 and will be there most of the time. But also plan to mingle in G-73 and check out the band!

We're planning to arrive sometime tonight...we have a small party of 3 for the game tomorrow. Probably try find a spot in G83 if that is the consensus among Bison fans.

We are about to leave the hotel and head to campus to pick up tickets and find out where the lots are. Will report later.

G-83 looks like the place to be. Its right on Main st. Entrance is at the Stop light and the water tower. If you are coming from the north on main just turn rt when you get to that intersection.
    A lot of one way and twisting winding streets. Geez.

We went and picked up our tickets at the Red Bird Arena. WOW!!!!!
    What a basketball venue. Seats 10,200 in a bowl configuration.