Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI game discussion/analysis thread..........

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI game discussion/analysis thread..........

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    holy shit i cant wait until next week when its 3rd and 8, and we have 2 tight ends and a fullback in there ready to do a play action pass to the flats for a gain of 5
    Haha, next week it's Morgan state so we get about 12 on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    It is the exact same offense, but we currently don't have the personnel or the trust in the players to do it. We don't have players like Walker, Roehl or Heck out there. Maybe we do, but they haven't shown up yet. The other thing is whether the coaches don't trust our QB's to audible into a different play or the QB's just don't do it, I don't know. That was a HUGE part of Walker's game and one big reason why he looked as good as he did. If he never audibled or wasn't allowed to, he would look much like Mertens and Mohler.
    I am not sure about our personnel, but the O coaches, Vigen and Bohl, have to make a change in the play calling. Hell my 11 year old niece is guessing the plays from the stands. The conference D coaches know our playbook. It is time to start passing in order to run. Lets spread their defense players out away from the run box. Lets pass as much or more than we run, make them cover the width and dept of the field in front of us.

Everyone's expectations were way too high after only one game. Kansas was only one game.

I say this again, what was expected by most of you was not rationale. NDSU is rebuilding and clearly, as I indicated before, UNI simply reloads. Big difference

Quote Originally Posted by overquota View Post
    I am not sure about our personnel, but the O coaches, Vigen and Bohl, have to make a change in the play calling. Hell my 11 year old niece is guessing the plays from the stands. The conference D coaches know our playbook. It is time to start passing in order to run. Lets spread their defense players out away from the run box. Lets pass as much or more than we run, make them cover the width and dept of the field in front of us.
    This requires receivers that can run crisp routes and a quarterback that can see the field and deliver a timely accurate pass. Oh, and an o-line that can hold off the pass rush. All three are in question right now.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Yeah.........
    And, No Skill, do you see me lipping off????

Quote Originally Posted by Capn_Cat View Post

Do cats even have lips?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn_Cat View Post

Good morning Capn!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    This requires receivers that can run crisp routes and a quarterback that can see the field and deliver a timely accurate pass. Oh, and an o-line that can hold off the pass rush. All three are in question right now.
    The head coach has said they spend the majority of practice on the running game. Maybe it is time to concentrate on the passing game in practice. I am sure a former qb like Polaske, knows you can also run out of a pass formation. I mean Vigen is in his 13th year, lets do some tweeking to the system.

It shocks me to hear former QBs saying it is the same plays they ran. The top offensive minds, Urban Meyer for example, STAY with the same philosophy but they tweek the plays and formation from year to year.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Good morning Capn!

Mornin', T! BTW, did you make it to the Gorge fishing this summer?

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    Everyone's expectations were way too high after only one game. Kansas was only one game.

I say this again, what was expected by most of you was not rationale. NDSU is rebuilding and clearly, as I indicated before, UNI simply reloads. Big difference
    Wasn't there also a time when we too reloaded?