Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we be ranked in this week's polls?

Default Re: Will we be ranked in this week's polls?

The polls only mattered when we were in transition. They are meaningless now.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

at this stage of the season we should only be concerned with one type of pole.

And by we, I mean us the fans, not the players. Players please stay away from those poles until the off season.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    at this stage of the season we should only be concerned with one type of pole.

And by we, I mean us the fans, not the players. Players please stay away from those poles until the off season.
    i hope your not trying to say you want to pole dance
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I know polls don't mean squat right now, but just want to hear what the consensus is from our fan base. I think we'll be about #20.

Anyone know if any FCS ranked teams lost this week?
    richmond. nova

i think we'll be 20th

what OTHER DAM FCS TEAM CAN SAY THEY HAVE BEATEN 4 FBS SCHOOLS in 5 YEARS???? HUH???

WE SHOULD BE TOP 10-15, WE DID IT WITHOUT AN OFFENSE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful-Bison-Baller View Post
    #4 William and Mary lost to unranked UMass 23-27. So I would guess UMass could move up into the FCS polls, and I doubt W&M drops out complete.

Also #17 Jacksonville State beat Ole Miss in that thriller 2OT game 49-48, so they should probably move up from that 17 spot.

#1 Villanova lost to temple in a close game, 24-31

#7 Elon lost to Duke 27-41

#8 Richmond lost to Virginia 13-34

#10 South Carolina State lost to Georgia Tech 10-41

#11 Stephen F. Austin lost to Texas A&M 7-48

#14 Eastern Washington lost to Nevada 24-49

#18 Weber State lost to Boston College 20-38

#21 Eastern Illinois lost to Iowa 7-37

The rest of the ranked teams either won or had a bye week one. The fact that every one of these losses are against D1 (FBS) teams, I doubt you see really any movement in the rankings this week for D1aa (FCS).

JMO

We should be ranked but probably lower than we deserve even though most would agree that this win makes us deserving of a high ranking.

IMO, getting blown out by an FBS team shouldn't be a reason to continue to be ranked considering it was a ridiculous pre season poll.

Is Stephen F Austin worthy of a ranking since they lost to unranked Texas A&M 48-7?

Should Elon be awarded for losing to Duke by 2 TD's? I didn't even realize Duke had a football team.

Eastern Illinois was trailing Iowa 31-7 at halftime and then they couldn't score against their 2nd stringers. Is that an accomplishment?

Richmond lost by 3 TD's to an unranked Virginia. Is that good?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Most teams who lost to FBS schools shouldnt fall down too much IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    Most teams who lost to FBS schools shouldnt fall down too much IMO
    What about the ones who got their ass handed to unranked FBS schools? Is that really an accomplishment? I'm not for celebrating mediocrity.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    What about the ones who got their ass handed to unranked FBS schools? Is that really an accomplishment? I'm not for celebrating mediocrity.
    I don't think the score really matters to be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure how they look at it anymore
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    I don't think the score really matters to be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure how they look at it anymore
    I'm trying to come up with some sort of analogy of how idiotic it would be to not judge something by a score.