Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Student Tailgating at UND

Default Re: Student Tailgating at UND

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    First of all why do you want to segregate the students from the rest of your tailgating groups? That sounds anti student to me.

Second of all notice the sign on the Alerus, no logo, no name
    There never has been a Sioux name or logo on the Alerus from what I remember. Just a year or two ago they added the helmet on the side. Any mention of UND is simply displayed as UND.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux27 View Post
    There never has been a Sioux name or logo on the Alerus from what I remember. Just a year or two ago they added the helmet on the side. Any mention of UND is simply displayed as UND.
    There wasn't a sign on the west side saying "home of the fighting sioux"?

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I think it would be nice to have some entertainment while standing in the student line. I gave up on waiting last year and just went tailgating with my fam, and then looked for someone I knew way up front when it was time to go in

Of course, the line goes through the team maker's parking lot. I doubt the university would ever rope off a section of the lot for students.
    Sounds good to me, I like the part about the free food & transport. I guess I don't have to stand in line with the students like you do, so your opinion is better than mine.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There wasn't a sign on the west side saying "home of the fighting sioux"?
    Nope...Never had a sign like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dmksioux View Post
    Nope...Never had a sign like that.
    What about "S I O U X" painted on the endzones??
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Still there and will be until the end of this season. I was just confirming that the outside of the Alerus Center has never had a sign stating "Home of the Fighting Sioux." The Ralph does but not the Al...

Still there and will be until the end of this season. I was just confirming that the outside of the Alerus Center has never had a sign stating "Home of the Fighting Sioux." The Ralph does but not the Al...
    Couldn't find long enough galvanized screws to pop through the corrugated tin? Those little suction cup hooks wouldn't stick in cold weather? ???

Couldn't cost justify adding weight or mass to a building that's annually bleeding cash?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post

Those are not painted, just like the Fargodome logos (the actual Fargodome logos, not the painted NDSU logos in the endzones).
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I think it would be nice to have some entertainment while standing in the student line. I gave up on waiting last year and just went tailgating with my fam, and then looked for someone I knew way up front when it was time to go in

Of course, the line goes through the team maker's parking lot. I doubt the university would ever rope off a section of the lot for students.
    Is there ever a line of students waiting to get in at the Alerus? Seems like they may be doing this in hopes of getting a line to form.
    Since we actually have a line maybe Teammakers or some other organization should have some food or beverage carts to move along the line of students while they wait.

Funny story. was in GRand Forko last Oct when they were hanging the Home of UND Football sign out in front of the shed along I-29 it was a Monday and the the workers stopped on Friday before and it said

Home O

true story whish I could have got a picture of it
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant