Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Student Tailgating at UND

Default Student Tailgating at UND

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArt...B_OEM_ID=13500

I wonder if NDSU would look at doing something like this and adding some improvements. There is nothing to do when you show up early to wait for a good seat. I always lose will-power and go to the west lot instead of waiting.

Also, I assume no alcohol is allowed. I didn't see anything mentioned about it.

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Student Tailgating at UND

I have a feeling that the anti-alcohol powers that be at NDSU would never let that happen.

But maybe some people on here who have some pull with teammakers could get the ball rolling? Because I highly doubt the student side could ever get it done with out student government supporting it which they probably won't.

What's the point?

Students can tailgate already. Why do they need a separate lot?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Do they even get 300 students that go to a football game?

533 In a row

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post

I wonder if NDSU would look at doing something like this and adding some improvements. There is nothing to do when you show up early to wait for a good seat. I always lose will-power and go to the west lot instead of waiting.

I took a quick glance at this and the fact that alcohol isn't mentioned means to me it is allowed. Booze is the culture at el Forko Grande events, not saying that's a bad thing, just the way it is up there. The Tin Shed isn't on campus and I'd bet students will pack the coolers and have at it. It's been a long time since I've been up there for tailgating, but I remember the days when we'd drink cans of beer at Memorial in the stands and not a word was said to us and we weren't hiding it, good times.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1. Good for them! Seriously.
    2. Fargodome needs to have a big sign like is pictured here for the home of the Bison. Put it on the South or West or North side of the dome if you are scared of the East side.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Do they even get 300 students that go to a football game?
    Exactly .
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    What's the point?

this. plus, what good is tailgating without alcohol

First of all why do you want to segregate the students from the rest of your tailgating groups? That sounds anti student to me.

Second of all notice the sign on the Alerus, no logo, no name

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    What's the point?

I think it would be nice to have some entertainment while standing in the student line. I gave up on waiting last year and just went tailgating with my fam, and then looked for someone I knew way up front when it was time to go in

Of course, the line goes through the team maker's parking lot. I doubt the university would ever rope off a section of the lot for students.