Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USD and UND getting official visits from the Valley?

Default Re: USD and UND getting official visits from the Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-O View Post
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Doug Elgin pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
    I've already contributed to the "Save Roger" campaign. Saw it on a water tower and thought I should do what I could.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

what the forum staff might look like if they found out that UND was getting into the MVFC.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

ISXBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    what the forum staff might look like if they found out that UND was getting into the MVFC.

hahahaha...that's frickin hilarious....and soooo, sooooooo true. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that's the scene whenever UND is mentioned at all

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    IT WAS A BIG SCARY GHOST!!!! DIDN'T YOU SEE THE BIG SCARY GHOST???!!!

aw, whatever...
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Many of us remember the Michigan/App. State game from a few years ago -- App State is a member of the CAA, which recently moved to a 12-team football league. Since moving to a 12-team league, the conference's prestige has increased significantly, cited by increased playoff berths in FCS football play.
    Proof he is a total dumbass. App is not in the CAA, they are in the Southern AKA SoCon conferance. Really destroys his weak credibility he had in the first place.
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    My guess: the guy heard that USD had a site visit and UND was getting a site visit from The Summit and, since Patty Viverito was talking and she's the MVFC commissioner*, the guy put 2 and 2 together and got the square root of negative 16.

* Viverito is the senior associate commissioner of the MVC, Doug Elgin is the Commissioner.
    There are now three FCS orphans in the West (UND, USD, SUU).

One of them is going to join the BSC. Making it a 12 team conference.
    The other two will become members of the MVFC.

That's my prediction.

I argued yesterday about this with a couple tailgating buddies. My contention is that Douple, Viverito, and Fullerton know full well how important it is to maintain numbers in the west. They will not allow these programs to wither on the vine.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    There are now three FCS orphans in the West (UND, USD, SUU).

One of them is going to join the BSC. Making it a 12 team conference.
    The other two will become members of the MVFC.

That's my prediction.

I argued yesterday about this with a couple tailgating buddies. My contention is that Douple, Viverito, and Fullerton know full well how important it is to maintain numbers in the west. They will not allow these programs to wither on the vine.
    It's not up to Fullerton-Douple- and Viverito. It's the presidents that call the shots. Not that the commissioners don't have pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    It's not up to Fullerton-Douple- and Viverito. It's the presidents that call the shots. Not that the commissioners don't have pull.
    I agree. I stand by my prediction. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NorthernBison is probably right about this but it still pisses me off. No one and I mean no one was running to help NDSU or SDSU out during the transition. So what did they do, worked with other schools and formed the Great West and went out and proved themselves to the rest of the FCS world. Along with that, the other teams like basketball, ect stepped up to the plate and had huge success thus opening the eyes of The Summit; which lead to the MVFC. What has UND and USD done? Nothing do date, joined a conference that the two SU's helped build and that's about it. Yet it seems everyone wants to help them find a home. Here's a new idea to the people from el Forko Grande, earn it and they will come.

Here's a disclaimer: I don't like this whole deal but my prediction is based on looking objectively at what has been happening.

USD is already in the Summit.
    Either UND or SUU is likely to be the 12th BCS football member and 10th all-sports member.

If it has to go that way, I'd take UND and let the BSC have SUU.

The 4 Dakota schools are a huge asset to the Summit. Large and stable and support their athletic programs. We talk smack all the time about each other's facilities but most of them are better than a lot of the rest of what the Summit has to offer.

Oh, another thing, calling this a prediction isn't really going too far out on a limb in my opinion. Recent events make it fairly obvious that this is likely. Kind of like predicting rain just as the black clouds appear over head.