Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wac Attack @ Ndsu?

Default Re: Wac Attack @ Ndsu?

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    I want a few more playoff games in the FargoDome and a few more banners and possibly a playoff system in FBS (which would be defunct) before moving up. It does nothing for me to go play in BFE in some podunk bowl game. Much prefer the playoff atmosphere!!
    Patience to those who wait... +++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

One of the big reasons that i'm interested in moving FBS is so that I am able to more regularily watch the games on TV.

I live in Minneapolis and on average I get to see maybe 1 game a year. This year I was lucky in that I saw the UNI game on FSN and I paid to watch the playoff game against EWU. I missed the KU game due to travel. Most years I am lucky to see maybe one game televised.

To me, FBS would mean the liklihood of watching any road game and a few home games on TV. Like it or not television exposure comes with FBS. The more games you play against FBS compitition the more likely you'll be on the ESPNU's of the world.

While I agree that it's better to be a big fish in a small pond, from my perspective it's hard to value that when I can't find the pond on my directtv.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    One of the big reasons that i'm interested in moving FBS is so that I am able to more regularily watch the games on TV.

I live in Minneapolis and on average I get to see maybe 1 game a year. This year I was lucky in that I saw the UNI game on FSN and I paid to watch the playoff game against EWU. I missed the KU game due to travel. Most years I am lucky to see maybe one game televised.

To me, FBS would mean the liklihood of watching any road game and a few home games on TV. Like it or not television exposure comes with FBS. The more games you play against FBS compitition the more likely you'll be on the ESPNU's of the world.

While I agree that it's better to be a big fish in a small pond, from my perspective it's hard to value that when I can't find the pond on my directtv.
    I agree with this post. Don't fool yourselves, folks. The average Sun belt team gets on TV WAAAAY more often than the average CAA SoCon or MVFC team.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I agree with this post. Don't fool yourselves, folks. The average Sun belt team gets on TV WAAAAY more often than the average CAA SoCon or MVFC team.
    not totally true, I can watch multiple CAA games on my Sports pack on Direct TV than I can Sun Belt games, granted they do get a couple Prime Time ESPN2 games a year but the CAA is well covered
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

If the Sun Belt game is on TV and it takes place on a day that is not Saturday it doesn't exist in my book. The only non-Saturday dates I'm ok with is the Thursday before Labor Day and the Friday games during the playoffs, otherwise NDSU needs to be playing on Saturdays.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Looks like Utah State is MWC bound...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ining-MWC.html
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Harmon tweeted, "MWC staying with current composition."

UTAH ST IN WAC STILL

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lakes, I have something that you should have, a WAC cap. Let me know where I can meet you for a beer and it's yours.

the WAC might be making a comeback...and FBS football might be in play.

buckle up for the WAC ATTACK

Additionally, multiple industry sources have told me that the WAC is targeting multiple football-playing schools in Texas from the Southland Conference as potential additional members.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I read his bio..

If he is a native of Minot, pretty sure he had family in the state

"A native of Minot, N.D., Hurd and his wife Cheri reside in Centennial, Colo. They are the parents of four adult children and also have two grandchildren."

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com