Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Wac Attack @ Ndsu?

Default Re: Wac Attack @ Ndsu?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Then we would be in the same position we are in now. After a few years we would be hearing from the same disgruntled fans that we need to move on etc etc etc.
    Then we would be hamstrung by a huge exit fee and still need another conference who would want us.
    If you go begging the outcome usually isnt good.
    Yep, that and the fact that our conference opponents would be worse than MVFC.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I can't wait to see what this perfect scenario is for NDSU that will be revealed when the admin finally announces we are going FBS!!!

Then we would be in the same position we are in now. After a few years we would be hearing from the same disgruntled fans that we need to move on etc etc etc.
    Then we would be hamstrung by a huge exit fee and still need another conference who would want us.
    Beg? If we joined that group we would likely set our own terms. They need us just as we would need them.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Beg? If we joined that group we would likely set our own terms. They need us just as we would need them.
    The post I responded to said beggars cant be choosers.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The post I responded to said beggars cant be choosers.
    Then maybe a situation like this isn't so bad...if we can set our terms, keep other sports in the cost contained Summit and have the flexibility to move on if something better comes along. It is a bridge to the FBS much like the Great West was to the FCS.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I think it would be similar to when we joined the Great West. I dont remember people begging to get out but most fans were excited to join the Gateway. Would probably be similar with fans eventually wanting get in the Mountain West or MAC.

My bigger concern would be teams leaving and suddenly we find ourselves without a conference. I could see many of these schools jumping to the Sunbelt or CUSA. That doesnt make it very stable. It's about as stable as early Summit League (Midcon) comference that has basically no original members. Probably zero TV revenue and limites exposure, outside of road P5 games. And the lack of TV revenue will attract schools to other conferences

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Then maybe a situation like this isn't so bad...if we can set our terms, keep other sports in the cost contained Summit and have the flexibility to move on if something better comes along. It is a bridge to the FBS much like the Great West was to the FCS.
    I seriously doubt we can set our own terms. If something is in the offering they are going to want stability. Making up a conference was fcs stuff. FBS doesnt allow a bunch of teams to get together and form a new conference to go FBS. One needs to join an established conference. Only thing that comes close is to start up the old WAC.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Exactly, this is the position UMass and UConn are in now, begging for conference membership. They can't even get a CUSA invite.

Join a conference that makes sense, and we can be happy in for at least 5-10 years, because there is no guarantee of being able to leave. If ASun-WAC actually pulls this off, the MVFC could also. I'm highly skeptical it succeeds, multiple different waivers are needed. Starting with the waiver for the moratorium on any new single sport conferences being formed. I don't foresee the existing FBS conferences letting this move forward. And if it does, they will almost certainly be excluded from the CFP contract and be considered FBS in name only.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wish people wouldn't get so worked up over NCAA rules. Liberty jumped without an invite. The 15k FBS attendance has never been enforced. The Ivies do whatever they want because they're Ivy. The entire 2020 season was made up on the fly. A ton of schools have joke classes for athletes, and UNC straight up faked grades. NCAA has lost nearly every anti-trust lawsuit. UND goes on the road despite offering more money. Summit missed the sponsored sports requirement a few years back. WAC/ASUN challenge got a waiver for 2021, then another for 2022, and will probably need another next year. Valpo was allowed a 12th game just so NMSU could have a senior day and disguise their bowl eligibility. NCAA hands out waivers like candy.

Plus, this is still just a single journalist using un-named sources. Almost certainly isn't completely accurate. UTRGV doesn't even have a FB team yet. They're already D1 so don't need the transition period but it'll still be years before the group goes FBS if they're going together.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I wish people wouldn't get so worked up over NCAA rules. Liberty jumped without an invite. The 15k FBS attendance has never been enforced. The Ivies do whatever they want because they're Ivy. The entire 2020 season was made up on the fly. A ton of schools have joke classes for athletes, and UNC straight up faked grades. NCAA has lost nearly every anti-trust lawsuit. UND goes on the road despite offering more money. Summit missed the sponsored sports requirement a few years back. WAC/ASUN challenge got a waiver for 2021, then another for 2022, and will probably need another next year. Valpo was allowed a 12th game just so NMSU could have a senior day and disguise their bowl eligibility. NCAA hands out waivers like candy.

Plus, this is still just a single journalist using un-named sources. Almost certainly isn't completely accurate. UTRGV doesn't even have a FB team yet. They're already D1 so don't need the transition period but it'll still be years before the group goes FBS if they're going together.
    Single source but ESPN is pretty reliable. It's not like this story is going to generate a huge amount of clicks. The average Joe has no interest in the WAC

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com