Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wac Attack @ Ndsu?

Default Re: Wac Attack @ Ndsu?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    If completed, the new ASUN-WAC football conference (it would come up with a new name by kickoff) would push FBS membership to 144 schools...* but the number could quickly approach 150, since league officials tell ESPN they've discussed the idea with four "high-profile" FCS programs not currently included in the list of 10.

NDSU SDSU MONTANA MONTANA ST. would make me happy

I'm big in Africa
    The conference would be meh but being able to get FBS games for non conference would make up for it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU needs to watch this to see if it’s allowed, not jump in it and be stuck to those schools.

If these teams can pull it off there is zero reason NDSU and a list of 7 other more interesting schools can’t under a different umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    NDSU needs to watch this to see if it’s allowed, not jump in it and be stuck to those schools.

If these teams can pull it off there is zero reason NDSU and a list of 7 other more interesting schools can’t under a different umbrella.
    If we end up in a conference with Montana, Montana State and SDSU, would that really be stuck? If anything it would provide a path for more geographically friendly FCS teams like UNI, Illinois State or Missouri State to come to us. Same would be true of many Big Sky teams

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

We just need to get the hell out of the FCS, not wait around. These 3 schools(SDSU, Montana and Montana St) might be the biggest group we can piece together, thus we have to join this group to make it happen.

This is assuming SDSU is in the 4, they seem to have not much of a stomach for FBS though.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If we end up in a conference with Montana, Montana State and SDSU, would that really be stuck? If anything it would provide a path for more geographically friendly FCS teams like UNI, Illinois State or Missouri State to come to us. Same would be true of many Big Sky teams
    For one I don’t know if we or they are part of the 4.

If those would be the names though why not find 4 others and just do the ideal solution right away.

If those would be the names though why not find 4 others and just do the ideal solution right away.
    I'm assuming (no, I cannot prove this) that if that was possible, they would do it. IF this is what's happening, it's probably because it's the best available option. I know it's frustrating for fans to wait, but I'm sure this is an all consuming problem/opportunity for presidents and ADs.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

If the conference can negotiate a waiver to move up, it would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If the conference can negotiate a waiver to move up, it would be huge.
    Wac was actually fbs at one time. So the may not need a waiver.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

If NDSU has a chance to join a football only FBS conference with one or more of the SDSU/Montana/Montana St grouping it would be the ideal situation. I don't really care who the scrubs are that are part of the ASUN/WAC schools moving up.... beggars can't be choosers and this would be the ideal foot in the door to FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If NDSU has a chance to join a football only FBS conference with one or more of the SDSU/Montana/Montana St grouping it would be the ideal situation. I don't really care who the scrubs are that are part of the ASUN/WAC schools moving up.... beggars can't be choosers and this would be the ideal foot in the door to FBS.
    Then we would be in the same position we are in now. After a few years we would be hearing from the same disgruntled fans that we need to move on etc etc etc.
    Then we would be hamstrung by a huge exit fee and still need another conference who would want us.
    If you go begging the outcome usually isnt good.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."