Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wac Attack @ Ndsu?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wac Attack @ Ndsu?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Don't forget to subtract all the time you were banned/on moderation. Probably more like a 4 year anniversary really.
    Most of that WAC league teams are marginal FCS teams. So while the carrot of FBS might be a good thing to draw a few teams in and might look good in print, the WAC would need to completely transform itself for it to become a legit FBS league. Tarleton, Dixie, SUU, ABU, Lamar . . . really now! Who's going to go FBS next, the Pioneer League?

IMO, the WAC doesn't have any more right to become FBS as would the BSC or the MVFC, and I'm sure that the WAC's not going to get it done with that roster of schools. Now if it transformed, maybe. You do have the conference-less FBS New Mexico State in the WAC already, so there's that. But they would just out at the first opportunity.

NDSU's best bet to go FBS if desired is to announce a move, go INDY for 3 years while leveraging a football only invite from the MWC the whole time. I really wouldn't eve want to associate with the current WAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Most of that WAC league teams are marginal FCS teams. So while the carrot of FBS might be a good thing to draw a few teams in and might look good in print, the WAC would need to completely transform itself for it to become a legit FBS league. Tarleton, Dixie, SUU, ABU, Lamar . . . really now! Who's going to go FBS next, the Pioneer League?

IMO, the WAC doesn't have any more right to become FBS as would the BSC or the MVFC, and I'm sure that the WAC's not going to get it done with that roster of schools. Now if it transformed, maybe. You do have the conference-less FBS New Mexico State in the WAC already, so there's that. But they would just out at the first opportunity.

NDSU's best bet to go FBS if desired is to announce a move, go INDY for 3 years while leveraging a football only invite from the MWC the whole time. I really wouldn't eve want to associate with the current WAC.
    Agree that they have a LONG ways to go to even be considered moving up as a whole to the FBS. I thought I read somewhere they were planning for FBS in 10-15 years from now.

As an FCS conference, I expect them to be right behind the MVFC, Big Sky, and the CAA in a very short time. My prediction would be by fall 2025 they will be an upper FCS conference, which would be good for the FCS to have a higher number of competitive teams, but at the same time shows how shitty the FCS has become.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Yea with Sam Houston driving the bus, this might actually just work. I follow alot of Sam Houston peop. they want this to work and they detest the southland. or suckland like they call it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yea with Sam Houston driving the bus, this might actually just work. I follow alot of Sam Houston peop. they want this to work and they detest the southland. or suckland like they call it
    The Southland has schools and towns that have no business being DI.

WAC/ASUN to merge and go FBS

https://africa.espn.com/college-foot...bs-sources-say

WE ARE GETTING PASSED BY THESE PUDS

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    WAC/ASUN to merge and go FBS

https://africa.espn.com/college-foot...bs-sources-say

WE ARE GETTING PASSED BY THESE PUDS
    Haha... ESPN Africa huh Chapo????

That article was updated after it was published with a very interesting tidbit for Bison fans I'd say:

The agreement includes the goal to "immediately explore expansion opportunities," sources said. League officials have begun early conversations with at least four other high-profile FCS football programs, sources said.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

That article was updated after it was published with a very interesting tidbit for Bison fans I'd say:
    Here is a non African URL...
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...bs-sources-say

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The 4 FCS schools is what could make it interesting. Lets say it's Montana, Montana State, NDSU, SDSU, with

Stephen F. Austin, Abilene Christian, Utah Tech, Southern Utah and Tarleton State and Atlantic Sun football members Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky, Central Arkansas and North Alabama.

Football only obviously

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

He's taking the Pump-It-Up tour to Zimbabwe and Botswana.

If completed, the new ASUN-WAC football conference (it would come up with a new name by kickoff) would push FBS membership to 144 schools...* but the number could quickly approach 150, since league officials tell ESPN they've discussed the idea with four "high-profile" FCS programs not currently included in the list of 10.

NDSU SDSU MONTANA MONTANA ST. would make me happy

I'm big in Africa