Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breske........

Default Breske........

It will be interesting to watch how Breske performes at Montana this year. My gut tells me he will do well and the Griz will have outstanding defense. I think we pushed him out too soon.......and I know I am in the minority on this. So....I am on record and we will wait and see.

Default Re: Breske........

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    It will be interesting to watch how Breske performes at Montana this year. My gut tells me he will do well and the Griz will have outstanding defense. I think we pushed him out too soon.......and I know I am in the minority on this. So....I am on record and we will wait and see.
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you're correct. To me it depends on whether or not he gets to run it his way... don't know that that wasn't the case here but I never got the feeling based on his pedigree that we were seeing his best work.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

He probably would have succeeded here too if he had arrived a year sooner. That doesn't mean the schemes weren't pathetic last season, IMO. I think he'll be fine at Montana.

Yeah, I think one-and-done might've been a bit over the top but FWIW I think defense will improve this year.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

I will hope it was Breske that was the problem.*

*Even though I do not believe it for one second.**
    **The real problem was not enough yellow in the stands.***
    ***PL this means you.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

If Breske succeeds in 1 year at Montana, it will indeed tell me the type of talent, or lack of, that we actually do have on defense, and if that's the case, I think we're still a couple years away from competing for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    If Breske succeeds in 1 year at Montana, it will indeed tell me the type of talent, or lack of, that we actually do have on defense, and if that's the case, I think we're still a couple years away from competing for anything.
    Not necessarily the case. You must remember, Breske was not free to do whatever he wanted to do. I do not know this for a fact...but we all know it. This was Bohl's show...and it should be...his neck was/is on the line every season. Breske had to run a defense that was not his forte. It would be like bringing Tatanka and expecting him to be funny. You can only do so much when it isn't your specialty.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Breske will do fine in Montana.

Seems like they just reload every year......plus the Big Fluff is not competitive outside a few teams.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    So if Breske does well at Montana in year one and the Bison are much improved on the defensive side of the ball, then what? Maybe Breske didn't have a great grasp of the type of scheme Bohl wanted to run since he's been a 3-4 guy for quite a while. Have the Griz been running his type of D or are they switching this year to the 3-4?

I've never seen a D from NDSU like I saw last year so while Breske isn't the only one to point a finger at he was the DC. Good luck to him, I'm glad he's a Griz and not a Bison.
    Say hello to my little friend!

Quote Originally Posted by SavageBison View Post
    So if Breske does well at Montana in year one and the Bison are much improved on the defensive side of the ball, then what? Maybe Breske didn't have a great grasp of the type of scheme Bohl wanted to run since he's been a 3-4 guy for quite a while. Have the Griz been running his type of D or are they switching this year to the 3-4?.
    If that's the case who cares then. But likeyou said, I have never seen a defense like NDSU's last year either, and all I know is that Breske was the DC of it.

TransAm you make a good point about coordinators not being able to run what they want due to type of players, but I firmly believe great coaches in general can do a good job with what they have.

I have very negative opinions on Breske, only because I've never seen a defense that was as undisciplined as last years, and IMHO that is 100% coaching.