Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: McNorton ready to carry the load as next Bison tailback

Default Re: McNorton ready to carry the load as next Bison tailback

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post

D(ance &) J(ive) ... hopefully this means he's learned how to hit the hole...
    sometimes i wonder if people watched our team the 2nd half of last season... maybe i was just too drunk to remember but i thought mcnorton was perfectly fine at hitting the hole from the midseason point on.

I think people think back to a couple of games his freshman year and want to label him as a guy who dances in the backfield
    NDSU Van Club

Lakesbison may be an idiot, but in the end he's our idiot.

Can we pretend that Jose Mohler passes are like shooting stars, cuz I would wish for a new O coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMc34 View Post
    sometimes i wonder if people watched our team the 2nd half of last season... maybe i was just too drunk to remember but i thought mcnorton was perfectly fine at hitting the hole from the midseason point on.

I think people think back to a couple of games his freshman year and want to label him as a guy who dances in the backfield
    I think Coach P has really turned him around from his freshman year. Last season DJ did a way better job hitting the hole, and he has great agility in the open field to miss tackles.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMc34 View Post

Agree. DJ can do it!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

I still have my doubts about DJ carrying the load......we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    I still have my doubts about DJ carrying the load......we'll see.
    FWIW he'll have Voigt, Sigers and Lang to disperse some of the load. I wouldn't have a problem with either of the former two having a spot as the "go-to" RB and Lang's no slouch either - and let's not forget about the possibility of Crockett, depending on what happens with his eligibility. RB is one of the several spots we are going to be just fine at.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

I think Wes Hudson could play RB too as well as Ryan Smith if the injury bug really hit hard.

Except for pass blocking, I'm guessing RB is something that a young player could come in and play early.
    "Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy." - The Tick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJVaIrn0bw

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The glaring omission from the Freshman class roster on Gobison.com is Crockett, the guy with the most potential from this class IMO. What is his status? Is he a non-Qualifier? Does that mean he'll hit the roster next year as a RFr?

Jake Miller, we missed out, he would pretty much own McNorton. Congrats. UND on that one, good one Bohl.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Most of my Bison FB experience the last few years has been watching on TV or online so take my comments with that in mind, please.

DJ's dancing in the backfield has been really frustrating to watch for me. I remember being so very fired up to see him in person at the Wyoming game (granted, his freshman year) and watching him miss great opportunities because the timing was way off due to the DJ Shuffle. From what I could tell, last year's running was a very big improvement. I am sure that this year will be his breakout.

So pumped for the season and wish that I could be there with you guys!!!
    Keep in my mind that was his RS frosh year. He is a different back since then. In spring ball he looked great. He looks like a different back. He hit the holes hard and looked more confident. Out of the good runs we've seen from him he looked like a stud. I feel he is more than capable to take over for Paschall. I'm excited to see him as the feature back

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    I'm excited to see him as the feature back
    ...for two years, potentially!
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!