Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terry V

Default Re: Terry V

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    Now this is funny. Especially the part where Lakes is like a wrestler. I know is it an analogy but can you picture Lakes as a wrestler?

I imagine him to look something like this.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Probably more like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Probably more like this...
    I told her what time it was...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I 'KNOW' this will surprise you, but my hero in wrestling growin up was JIMMY HART 'THE MOUTH OF THE SOUTH' !! with his checkered megaphone.

love me or hate.me, I ALWAYS have your back bison fans

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That 2nd recruiting article was actually decent and not so SDSU biased. I can't believe schools are throwing out 100s of offers...that seems ludicrous...
    I know this is a thread drift and I know some of you get pissed about me bringing him up but Jackson Jeffcoat (the number 1-8 recruit in the nation depending on who you look at) got multiple letters (and I'm guessing offers ) from some D3 (seriously) school in NY. I think a big problem is how the extensively covered the recruiting is every year. Everyone knows every offer the kids get and fans of schools bitch when their teams doesn't offer a kid when in reality they probably had little chance of getting him.

BRING BACK SNORTY

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Minneapolis Jack View Post
    It's been covered pretty extensively in Terry V's weekly live chats.

2 Colorado players who never saw time transfered out. (one ended up at USF, the other has been mentioned to be looking in the Black Hills region) 1 transferred because of playing time, the player who ended up at USF had his scholly pulled (which is strange because he came to SDSU because he is a family friend of the Nagy's)

Back-up JR PG Mike Palarca left the team to move back to California to be with his family and small child. He accepted a job working for his wife's father. Had positive things to say about coach and program.

Starting C Anthony Cordova has a similar story. Graduates soon, has a small child to support and has a back injury that makes BBall tough. He also left on good terms and said the back pain affected his season last year. Still is close with the team and supports the program and coach.

We add 2 true freshmen 6'10 Marcus Heemstra & 6'9 Jordan Dykstra. We also have picked 2 JUCO's. A 6'0" back-up PG from Kansas, and a 6'8" PF/C from Arizona.

It's hard to predict how the team will do next year with so much turnover but my guess is that we'll be middle of the pack again. Still have talented players with Sargent & Wolters, but there will need to be alot of heavy lifting by our young players.
    Good post, my question is that the two solid recruits in Heemstra and Dykstra are coming in because of the graduation of a couple kids, who is replacing these 4 kids who just left suddenly? Are you even going to fill the entire roster? I think a Juco PG (Who I do not think won a game last year, I could be wrong) was added late as well, but this has to be a huge hit on Nagy at this point. I honestly thought SDSU was on the verge of being something, but you don't win with young post players and no depth. I like Dykstra and Heemstra, they are going to be very good in the Summit. Some great stories out there about how Marshall Bjorkland played against Dykstra at the Iowa State camps.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    Good post, my question is that the two solid recruits in Heemstra and Dykstra are coming in because of the graduation of a couple kids, who is replacing these 4 kids who just left suddenly? Are you even going to fill the entire roster? I think a Juco PG (Who I do not think won a game last year, I could be wrong) was added late as well, but this has to be a huge hit on Nagy at this point. I honestly thought SDSU was on the verge of being something, but you don't win with young post players and no depth. I like Dykstra and Heemstra, they are going to be very good in the Summit. Some great stories out there about how Marshall Bjorkland played against Dykstra at the Iowa State camps.
    Since the two players that transferred weren't going to play anyways, we really didn't lose them besides having practice bodies and emergency depth. The hope is that the JUCO PG and JUCO Post will replace Palarca & AC's minutes. (I haven't seen them play so I'm not sure if they will be replace their talent or not.)

I too thought that SDSU was on the up, but now we are back to rebuilding again. Just like the Bison football program, I feel like you can only chalk up so much to coincidence and bad luck. I'd like to see Nagy coach this team for the next couple years and if we don't finish in the top 3 in the Summit I wouldn't be opposed to looking elsewhere.

The bright side for Jacks fans is that the past two classes are supposed to be the best in SDSU history. The bad part is I'm not too fond of relying on Freshman & Sophomore's for success. I'm guessing we'll look good at times, and awful at times.

Line-up:
    PG So Wolters / JUCO JR
    SG SR Sargent / SR Moss
    SF RFR White / JR Callahan
    PF FR Dykstra / JUCO JR
    PF SO Fiegen / FR Heemstra

Add in RFR SG Carlson and SDSU still has 11 players that can contribute good mintues with a couple more walk-on/bench players. The cupboard isn't bare, just young.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    The elephant in the room that Terry won't touch is Men's basketball. Nagy got rid of several kids last year, some more quit the team, and Nagy has not replaced them at all. He can't even fill a roster right now....unless I am missing something. I know SDSU fans are spinning this as a positive, but I am hearing the internal rumblings among players isn't very positive. Losing brings this on, and it isn't fun. I expected them to fill up those spots quickly, I honestly thought he had people waiting in the wings and that is why he cut some of those kids.
    I agree with this to some degree. Minneapolis Jack touched on most of it though. I think it's hard to put so much pressure on a guy who 1) had so much success in D-2 and 2) brought you through the transition. I think he has this year and next year to get it done. Any longer or anymore big issues with players leaving, he's probably going to be gone and should be in my opinion. I still think he's a great coach and he'd probably be successful somewhere else, but sometimes things just need a change. I think you can relate this to NDSU with Bohl in a way. But Bohl has'nt had the amount of years that Nagy has. Bohl's just had issues the last 2 years.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So here's my question, TV said in his article that NDSU has 35 offers out and in another thread about Bohl being on the radio it says 18 offers and that came from the coach, so which is it? I know TV likes to make NDSU look like the big bad monster in the room that is pushing his buddy Stig into speeding things up and to a lesser degree that jackass down in Vermtown.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    So here's my question, TV said in his article that NDSU has 35 offers out and in another thread about Bohl being on the radio it says 18 offers and that came from the coach, so which is it? I know TV likes to make NDSU look like the big bad monster in the room that is pushing his buddy Stig into speeding things up and to a lesser degree that jackass down in Vermtown.
    Rivals says there are 19 offers out for NDSU so who knows. It read like TV got his Bison info from recruiting coordinator Tim Polasek, but like he stated in the piece, coaches could be throwing out info to throw other programs off.