Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terry V

Default Terry V

Here's a link about recruting in the last Sunday's Argusleader:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...12/1002/sports

Here's another follow up from this last Sunday's paper in the Argus. It talks about recruiting, etc.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

On another note, you guys are right about the Forum. Terry V has stuff in the Argus all the time. Yesterday he wrote about the basketball teams going to Canada this summer (I think NDSU did this a few years ago too right?) and today he wrote an article on the Sioux Falls Sports Authority trying to get the NCAA Women's Basketball Tourney to the arena in Sioux Falls. They need to pick it up a little bit.

Anyways, both of these links talk about NDSU. Not trying to start anything I just thought you guys would be interested.

Default Re: Terry V

That 2nd recruiting article was actually decent and not so SDSU biased. I can't believe schools are throwing out 100s of offers...that seems ludicrous...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

See. I wish the Foolem had a beat writer for NDSU like TV. People say nothing is going on. I agree not much is, but he still finds ways to put up little articles and blurbs regularly. No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That 2nd recruiting article was actually decent and not so SDSU biased. I can't believe schools are throwing out 100s of offers...that seems ludicrous...
    I agree. Nice article. The Argus Leader...where I go to get all my info on Bison Athletics.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Also, maybe this is a result of the NCAA about to rule on NOT allowing schools to offer/contact recruits before July 1 after their junior season. It could potentially pass and maybe some schools are doing a little extra effort because of it

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The elephant in the room that Terry won't touch is Men's basketball. Nagy got rid of several kids last year, some more quit the team, and Nagy has not replaced them at all. He can't even fill a roster right now....unless I am missing something. I know SDSU fans are spinning this as a positive, but I am hearing the internal rumblings among players isn't very positive. Losing brings this on, and it isn't fun. I expected them to fill up those spots quickly, I honestly thought he had people waiting in the wings and that is why he cut some of those kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    The elephant in the room that Terry won't touch is Men's basketball. Nagy got rid of several kids last year, some more quit the team, and Nagy has not replaced them at all. He can't even fill a roster right now....unless I am missing something. I know SDSU fans are spinning this as a positive, but I am hearing the internal rumblings among players isn't very positive. Losing brings this on, and it isn't fun. I expected them to fill up those spots quickly, I honestly thought he had people waiting in the wings and that is why he cut some of those kids.
    It's been covered pretty extensively in Terry V's weekly live chats.

2 Colorado players who never saw time transfered out. (one ended up at USF, the other has been mentioned to be looking in the Black Hills region) 1 transferred because of playing time, the player who ended up at USF had his scholly pulled (which is strange because he came to SDSU because he is a family friend of the Nagy's)

Back-up JR PG Mike Palarca left the team to move back to California to be with his family and small child. He accepted a job working for his wife's father. Had positive things to say about coach and program.

Starting C Anthony Cordova has a similar story. Graduates soon, has a small child to support and has a back injury that makes BBall tough. He also left on good terms and said the back pain affected his season last year. Still is close with the team and supports the program and coach.

We add 2 true freshmen 6'10 Marcus Heemstra & 6'9 Jordan Dykstra. We also have picked 2 JUCO's. A 6'0" back-up PG from Kansas, and a 6'8" PF/C from Arizona.

It's hard to predict how the team will do next year with so much turnover but my guess is that we'll be middle of the pack again. Still have talented players with Sargent & Wolters, but there will need to be alot of heavy lifting by our young players.

OOOOOH BOY! do they hunt + fish + enjoy being 2nd fiddle to the chick team??

I think it's funny how it's a nice civil conversation, then BOOM! Lakes comes out of nowhere and drops insults. He's like the extra wrestler that comes out of the locker room to aid his buddy. You know that guys going to come out eventually and deliver a chair to the back of someone's head but you're always just a little bit surprised by when and how.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I think it's funny how it's a nice civil conversation, then BOOM! Lakes comes out of nowhere and drops insults. He's like the extra wrestler that comes out of the locker room to aid his buddy. You know that guys going to come out eventually and deliver a chair to the back of someone's head but you're always just a little bit surprised by when and how.
    Now this is funny. Especially the part where Lakes is like a wrestler. I know is it an analogy but can you picture Lakes as a wrestler?